Christies Star Trek auction catalog!

<div class='quotetop'>(Reaper57 @ Aug 20 2006, 04:34 PM) [snapback]1304081[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Aug 20 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]1304048[/snapback]
Well I know one of the "Captains Chairs" from Next Gen is in someones Private Collection.

With all their Security it was stolen right off the Set over night.

I wonder if Tom Cruise is a Fan?
[/b]

DAMN IT, i wonder how Spanky got that over the fence. :lol :lol :lol

john :cool
[/b][/quote]

:lol :lol :lol

Trying to get a catalog from the Christies website - do you really have to
provide bank account info just to buy the catalog??? c'mon.
As if I'm going to bid on anything...in my dreams.

<div class='quotetop'>(yodasan @ Aug 28 2006, 01:24 AM) [snapback]1308272[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Heh, it's intended for people who wish to review the lots before bidding, and comes with two tickets to the auction in NYC. So it's not like a regular ST collector's book you can get on amazon....and the auction is not accepting cc...

<div class='quotetop'>(yodasan @ Aug 28 2006, 01:24 AM) [snapback]1308272[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

No you don't have to provide any bank info.

There was a button to just skip over that page or I just left it blank. I don't remember. I got my catalogs last week through the website and didnt have to provide any info.

And hey, I'm right there with you guys buying extra Lotto tickets... Just my luck though, i won't win my millions until after the auction. :p

Steven

Thanks MM68 - on the second time through ordering the catalog I noticed
the skip button on the page about the bank info - so was able to "just" order
the catalog.

I just picked up the catalogs at the 40 Yr Celebration at SFM. I have my eye on a few pieces primarily the Klingon Gavel. I have wanted one of those ever since I first saw it. If you happen to be at the viewing please get a few pics for me if you can.

I haven't ever bidded at Christie's before do they start the bids at the low estimate? I am all signed up to do live online bidding.

So is it pretty safe to assume the provenance of all the items or is it going to be like the profiles auction? It seems since this stuff is all from Paramount it might just be that a few descriptions are off but the props are legit otherwise?

I'm not sure if photographs will be allowed at the viewings?

Bidding will open at the low end of the estimate I believe, but the general consensus is that all the estimates are silly low.

Everything here is from the Paramount archives directly- so no concerns about provenance.

-Brandon

Does anyone know how long the catalogies are going to be available for?
They look ALMOST worth the £60 odd they cost. But I really can't afford it right now...

Those of you who have them - Is the rest of the contents as high quality as the shots seen in this thread?
I'd hate to buy it, and find I've already seen most of the photos, and the rest's just text listings :|

The shots are fantastic in the catalogs. They are expensive but really good. They should be hardbound for that price though. Some of the items in a lot are not shown if there are a few. For example there is a lot of 6 or so costumes but only one is shown. They will have a PDF version up I think at some point.

I sure would like to see some of these items go for the bottom end of the estimates. What are your thoughts on the really high demand stuff? It seems the estimates on many of the costumes are too low and the large size items. Probably shipping will be a factor.

Just got my copy of the catalogs - fantastic pix.

So who is bidding on what???

Just as someone said earlier, the estimates seem generally low, eg
Picard's desk from the E for only 800-1200???

The estimated prices have little, if any basis in reality. Most of the Trek items listed in the last Profiles in History auction went for 2 to 5 times (or more) of their opening bids. So who knows what kind of prices a globally marketed auction, like Christies, will bring.

It seems like only people who have a catalog will be even in the running since they don't have the collection online yet. I am sure there will be some heavy hitters there though. I just have a couple things I want to try for.

Does anyone know if it is ok to absentee bid on some items but do the live online bidding during the auction? I just want to make sure I have bids on a few things in case I can't be online when they are up.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back