Christies Star Trek auction catalog!

I'd like to know why Shinzons knife from Nemesis is labelled a Klingon Knife from Star Trek III, used to kill David Marcus. Who dropped the ball on that one?

I got some decent shots of the Romulan Warbird at the Christies display at Comic Con. I'll try to post some. The Enterprise A wasnt very impressive. I would MUCH rather see the 100 inch model on display.

Anyone who gets the $500 catalog and needs an off site location to store their "backup" :p copy of the dvd let me know. I may have an open slot on the movie shelf. :lol

Steven

<div class='quotetop'>(animetronic @ Aug 19 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]1303428[/snapback]</div>
I'd like to know why Shinzons knife from Nemesis is labelled a Klingon Knife from Star Trek III[/b]
Hey, whaddaya want for 90 bucks? ;)

Maybe the $500.00 version has the knife correctly labeled. :p

<div class='quotetop'>(tardis55 @ Aug 19 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]1303518[/snapback]</div>
After all the talk about a $400 dvd I don't think anyone will be silly enough to buy one.
[/b]

For High-end Screen-used Collectors thats chump change. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(animetronic @ Aug 19 2006, 04:50 AM) [snapback]1303428[/snapback]</div>
I'd like to know why Shinzons knife from Nemesis is labelled a Klingon Knife from Star Trek III, used to kill David Marcus. Who dropped the ball on that one?
[/b]

That would be Mike and or Denise Okuda, the compilers of the catalog. :lol

It could have been an honest mistake during the production process... ignoring the picture, the description is accurate (for a REPLICA of the Klingon "d'k tahg" dagger)... and the Shinzon knife does "appear" to have three blades, so sombody just probably got confused in matching the pix up with the text.

- k

And there are quite a few costume photos... interestingly, several designs of women's dress, what they call the "sunburst" design (which has the radial seams across the front), as well as the kind with two vertical seams. There are a lot of tunics which they seem to not be sure if they were for the third season of TOS, or perhaps made new for Phase II and not used. Several "prototype Phase II" outfits that are sort of transitional between TOS and TMP (lacking black collars and with odd designs such as sleeveless or with square open necks).

All the "command" uniforms are described as being "gold-mustard" in color... although a few of the photographs make them seem almost... green. :lol

INTERESTINGLY tho... most of the "sciences/medical" uniforms are now a "mauve" color, which is noted in the catalog. Sort of purple. So I wonder if the command uniforms have shifted in color as well over the years... :unsure

- k

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Aug 19 2006, 06:07 PM) [snapback]1303548[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(animetronic @ Aug 19 2006, 04:50 AM) [snapback]1303428[/snapback]
[/b]

That would be Mike and or Denise Okuda, the compilers of the catalog. :lol

It could have been an honest mistake during the production process... ignoring the picture, the description is accurate (for a REPLICA of the Klingon "d'k tahg" dagger)... and the Shinzon knife does "appear" to have three blades, so sombody just probably got confused in matching the pix up with the text.

- k
[/b][/quote]

That's a knife that's also used in Buffy :)
http://www.propstore.com/list/cat_id/7/pos.../ob/itm/movs/33

I got a replica from a well known auction site for £10.

Ordered my catalogue today. Don't forget, the books also come with passes to the auction as well. Great pics Karl, anxious to get my copy.

Well as I say, I call DIBS on EVERYTHING, so you guys can fight over my rejects... :lol

But seriously... well you know... I am eyeing a few of the.... more modest items... :)

Somehow I don't think my basement is destined to house the 100 inch Refit Miniature. :unsure

- k

Here's a better look at a TOS dress... said to have been used in the first two seasons and also possibly worn by Persis Khambatta in test footage for Phase II (it's a velour dress)

0973-TOSdress.jpg

None of the other TOS or Phase II tunics have their original braid attached; this is the one exception.

Here BTW is Persis in the test footage for Phase II (obviously not the same dress. :lol )

Ilea.jpg

- k

Amazing how you can spot those differences when there are so many different uniforms...and if that's not the same dress in the auction...can you determine which character wore it in the 1st or 2nd season?

Wow, where do they find those aliens? Some of them are not too hard on the eyes :)

You can see more seams on the front of the uniform that Persis is wearing than on the one in the auction.

Could the one in the auction be the uniform that Uhura wore in the first few episodes of the first season, before she switched to red? I don't have any screencaps handy to do an analysis, but I'm sure Karl does. :D

SithLord, Persis Khambatta was Miss India 1965. :)

{EDIT} Perhaps rather than "more seams," I should have written "diagonal seams."

[EDIT: Temponaut scooped me with my own ideas while I was writing my post. :lol ]

I say it's not the same dress because the Christies' dress has two vertical seams in front, and the Persis Phase II dress has got the "sunburst" radial seams. Plus the collar on the Persis dress is really wonky, not like most TOS dress collars, it has that "point" in the corner by the insignia badge.

I can't say off the top of my head who might have worn it tho. Very few females in TOS in Command division with Lt. stripes. I guess there could be a remote chance that it's Lt. Uhura's early first-season dress, but it would be a long shot.

MW-uhuracommandskirtscipatc.jpg

MuddWom_UhuraCommand.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Aug 20 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]1303811[/snapback]</div>
[EDIT: Temponaut scooped me with my own ideas while I was writing my post. :lol ][/b]
I had the "advantage" of not having to come up with the caps.

You must have one fabulous filing system, phase. Your selection of caps and the speed with which you marshal them never cease to amaze me. :thumbsup

thanks, I just looked in STAR TREK : COSTUMES AND UNIFORMS : TOS : STARFLEET : WOMEN and there it was. :D

You know I wonder IF that dress is Uhura's... I see a lot of similarities. :rolleyes

Meanwhile, here's a few more from the catalog for you guys to chew on

The Hero Reliant miniature built by ILM for WOK (63in long)
0985-ReliantHero.jpg

Small "damaged" Reliant built for WOK our of AMT refit Enterprise kit parts (17 in long)

0984-ReliantDamaged.jpg

Destroyed USS Enterprise built for Trek 3 (approx 2 ft long)

993-Trek3DestroyedEnterpris.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back