Thoughts on custom Episode IV Han Solo blaster?

corellian77

Hi there, new forum member here.

I just recently discovered the world of replicas and prop building. I've been wanting a Han Solo blaster for quite awhile, and stumbled across this on ebay a few days ago:

27823774.png

48022898.png

The seller is asking approx. $450 for it.

Shortly thereafter, I discovered this site, which then led me to Blast-Tech. There, a seemingly comparable item is for sale at the much lower price of $285:

Blast-Tech - Products - Completed Display Pieces

After doing a bit of reading on here, am I correct in assuming that both items are a Denix? Also, is blast-tech.com still in business? (I sent them an email, but have yet to receive a reply). If so, would opinion here be that I'm better off going through blast-tech to make this purchase?

(Note: I'm aware of some of the inaccuracies on the ebay item, such as the "dial" on the non-scope side of the gun where the silver circle should be, the dial on the scope, and the mount for the scope... not sure if that's really a deal breaker for me, though).

I am in the same situation...

I am sending them an email for order info....

Did you received any response ?

Last edited:
After doing a bit of reading on here, am I correct in assuming that both items are a Denix? Also, is blast-tech.com still in business? (I sent them an email, but have yet to receive a reply). If so, would opinion here be that I'm better off going through blast-tech to make this purchase?

Yes, the one on Ebay and the ones at Blast-tech are both Denix. I do not know this for sure but I would guess that some or all of those parts are blast-tech's on the Ebay blaster.

I have not dealt with Blast-tech in years. If he is still operating, I would go to him. Its not the most accurate but for the price it is a great replica. If you are going for accuracy, this blaster can get pricey.

You may want to consider getting it in lit form and building it your self. There are little things here and there to make it better if you have the time and tools.

I personally would go with blast-tech, I have bought from them before and they have fair prices and the solo blasters do look at least mostly accurate, though i haven't bought one myself cuz so far all I have as far as sw props go are 5 lightsabers (with another on the way) and a jedi comlink.

Has anyone here bought a blast-tech blaster? Maybe it would be helpful if someone who has would post some bigger, more detailed pics of it to help him make his decision...I actually would like to see them as well, for both versions of the blaster if anyone has them.

Last edited:
I have never bought a complete one but I have bought parts. And they are very good quality.

This is an ESB style I used to have. The parts I purchased was the muzzle and scope mount.

myesbblaster.jpg

My only issue about some of the parts is that they are annodized (black on the scope mount). This is great if you want a pristine weapon but a real pain to weather. I've heard that if you request non-anodized, sometimes he can provide it.

Have they joined the RPF ?
I would like to contact them... But if they have stopped their activity...

I just sent them an email, but if they are not in activity, I think I will go through eBay for the mauser and find a conversion kit in the junkyard ...

I've bought from John many times over the years. Considering there are two items I need right now that Blast-tech has, I figured I'd order them. I imagine he's still in business, but I'll find out soon enough. He's always kept a relatively low profile.

Considering that the name is not written the same as the site, I'm not convinced it's him. Though whether it is him or not, that member hasn't been here in over four years.

Considering that the name is not written the same as the site, I'm not convinced it's him. Though whether it is him or not, that member hasn't been here in over four years.
You're probably right. I could have sworn he (John) was a member here.
Maybe a screen name change?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back