Harry Potter Wand Boxes

Just look up wallpaper stores in your area. If you go to some of the little personal shops you can get BIG samples, they will have a roll open that you can cut a piece from to take home for a look see and try out. Or some big warehouse discounter that sells it either by the foot or by the pound so you don't have to by tons more than you need or want.

The pre-pasted stuff is kinda heavy and you really wouldn't want to be putting water ladened paste on cardboard I don't think, but you could give it a try would be nice if the moisture doesn't cause the cardboard to disintegrate. Non pre-pasted is becoming harder to find, but there should be some available.

Apart from that, might try a "real" art supply store, where they would have bigger (and most lovely) papers, howbeit, way more expensive. But you know the old trick--find it, feel it, nick the name/numbers, then go looking for it cheaply online! (yeah, I know retailers hate us for doing that, but, hey, free enterprise and all that....)

Shylaah

Thanks Shylaah- wound up using a textured fabric instead - it had some stretch to it - worked like a charm.

I will be hopefully posting pics of the wands and box soon.

So did we conclude if the box did indeed have an Olivander's emblem on it in the movie or now ?

- AJ

Did we ever come to a conclusion about where to get the pre fab blank cardboard boxes?

I've searched the intrernet over, and I can find things that are close, but still about 2"-3" too short. I'm trying to make packaging for wands that I sell, so I don't want boxes with extra pieces spliced in the middle.

The closest thing I can find is 35mm slide storage boxes. The ones that hold 360 slides are 18" long. That's about 2 inches linger than I need, but that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make. The only problem is, they're $8.00.-14.00. I don't want to up the price of the wands to accomodate packaging... At least not that much.

Any ideas about suppliers of something closer to screen accurate in dimensions for a reasonable price?

If you're looking for a box and you want to put your finishing/wallpaper on it and whatnot.. I can probably help there.

If you're looking for a box and you want to put your finishing/wallpaper on it and whatnot.. I can probably help there.

Yes!!! All I need is the raw box. Roughly 2.25"x2.5"x16". It can vary, but the length needs to ba at least 15-16".

Any ideas?

Yes!!! All I need is the raw box. Roughly 2.25"x2.5"x16". It can vary, but the length needs to ba at least 15-16".

Any ideas?

When I go to work monday I'll run a couple of styles and post pictures and you can tell me if you can work with them. (I cnc packaging samples at work) I can do exact dimensions.

When I go to work monday I'll run a couple of styles and post pictures and you can tell me if you can work with them. (I cnc packaging samples at work) I can do exact dimensions.

Thanks!

Is it corrugated or the same as like, jewelry boxes? I need the jewelry boxes type.

I work mostly with corrugated and Might be able to do a cardboard/chipboard (like cereal box material with various thicknesses) but I can't promise my scoring wheel is strong enough for that. I have some F flute that might be thin enough (1/32" thick) if wrapped with the wallpaper and whatnot it might work for you? post a picture of the jewlery box style you're looking for and I'll check out what I have tomorrow

I work mostly with corrugated and Might be able to do a cardboard/chipboard (like cereal box material with various thicknesses) but I can't promise my scoring wheel is strong enough for that. I have some F flute that might be thin enough (1/32" thick) if wrapped with the wallpaper and whatnot it might work for you? post a picture of the jewlery box style you're looking for and I'll check out what I have tomorrow

Like this.

I apologize for having started a new thread, but here is the wand boxes and wands I made.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/custom-wands-olivander-box-pic-heavy-119451/

Quick aside, then back on track--my thoughts on starting a new thread, and I may be very wrong, is that it is fine to have a thread dedicated to YOUR replicas, apart from a general thread about research. So, no appologies necessary!

:)

And, separately, thanks for taking care of the boxes for me, oh man (or woman... Boxmaker, we'll go with boxmaker) of mystery! You swooped down, like a forum superhero to save the day.

Back to moonnightman (my speeling may be way off, for that, my apologies) did you craft your own boxes? If so, what was your method. If it is covered in your other post, I'll gladly search, but I am at work, currently. (lunchbreak running out.)

r

It is both cardboard - (priority box) for the top and wood for the bottom. The top is covered in a stretch vinyl with a leather texture.

Picture17-3.png

Its honestly just brown cardboard - nothing special at all to look at. I dont have it anymore though, My owl picked it up yesterday.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back