Project sealab

Okay - we are a GO. Sending Sealabby to Salzo to be molded and cast. These sets will be done in batches, and will be in the Junkyard. We're going to do them by subject matter, so Mike doesn't go crazy trying to keep track of everything.

ALL sets will be issued, so if the one you "need" isn't immediately offered, hold your dang horses and be patient.

For those about to ask "eeeeeh, which ones which onnnnnnes?!" the answer is: initially these three in this order:

Colonial Movers
Turbo laser
X-Wing

Then we do more on the list! If you think you want a set for a project, get 'em when they are offered, as it might be hard to revisit the runs later down the road. We are used to stockpiling kits for these projects anyway, so I'm probably saying something you already know, heh.

No idea on prices so please don't ask - that's something that will be determined when Mike sees how much molding, casting supplies, and time will be used. Again - thanks for this ID thread's success, and I'll post a heads up here when a Junkyard thread appears!

Three... or possibly even four, big cheers for Jason and Mike for doing this! :)

I'll aim to compile an initial 5 ' Falcon part list for when the time comes....

this is an awesome project! you guys should cast these up with some orange dye in it :lol

just kidding of course, but theres nothing like looking at an unpainted SS model with those bright orange pieces on it!:love real eye candy

I was going to offer to do them in orange......I may not be able to match the original exact but I may be able to get close. It may need to be one of those things where i do all in orange or none.....I don't know if i could keep track of specific requests.

I am going to really look at doing these in the high density resin, it will have much more the feel of real kit parts and will be much stronger in these thin sections....
mike

this is an awesome project! you guys should cast these up with some orange dye in it :lol

just kidding of course, but theres nothing like looking at an unpainted SS model with those bright orange pieces on it!:love real eye candy

Yay for X-Wing parts!!!!!!! Damn, I may just get those Turbo Laser as well! It'll be for a way into the future build but like you said, Jason....stockpilin'!

It's really good to hear the plan of attack in that they will be released a few at a time. You guys rock, man!

Joe

Mike, orange all the way i say, thats a cool idea.
Yeah, may be in for a few sets i guess, maybe Y wing, its only gonna come around once.
Oh, theres a big infamous racing car kit that needs you two mad scientists to pour rubber on too one day :love

Lee

Oh, theres a big infamous racing car kit that needs you two mad scientists to pour rubber on too one day :love

Lee

Funny you mention this, Lee. I've thought about doing what Jason and Mike are doing here with the 312B. Maybe not at the level they are doing but at least to help out a few peeps. I'm going to have to do it for my 223 Pod anyway.

Joe

Funny you mention this, Lee. I've thought about doing what Jason and Mike are doing here with the 312B. Maybe not at the level they are doing but at least to help out a few peeps. I'm going to have to do it for my 223 Pod anyway.

Joe

I guess Lee meant the large Entex Porsche kit which sells for insane $$$

Cheers,
Falk

Ooohhh, great news Jason & many thanks Mike for doing the casting.
I'd definetly be in for a 5' Falcon set, even if it is further down the track. Any chance we can be notified when it's up Jason?.
I'll try to compile a sealab parts list for this as well, just to compare.

Hey, did you get my last PM J?.
Cheers
Stu

cool.... does that mean that the Entex M23 might fall into some rubber at some time in the future as well? At least the floor-pan and the front cowling?? :lol :love Please, please??

This one?

4229470349_18b1d7b34c_o.jpg

Yeah, I've actually done that already to make this:

2475833003_e42c3ceda6_z.jpg

What do ya need castings for if I may ask? That kit was over a grand!

What do ya need castings for if I may ask? That kit was over a grand!

Well, I don't neeeed castings....but it would be about the only way I could ever build a Firefly.. I know that kit is f*$$%ng expensive.

I only mentioned it as it showed up in your picture :thumbsup :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back