Project sealab

A full kit would be nice...or at least one each of every known donor part. Also, could I recommend two part molds even for the flat pieces? Just so the thickness matches the original part. I'd pay top dollar for that.

Joe

If this goes forward my plan is for injection type 2 parts molds for the parts that get done, and even HDP Resin for the more fragile parts like cages and the hoses.....at this point it's the only way i would approach parts like that.

I don't really think that full kit casting is a good option only because i think that it would approach the cost of a full "real" kit....although i do know that they come up so rarely that simply having it available is likely attractive....

I do think that having a library of parts that are needed for the specific builds is the way to go...
mike

I'm with Mike - it makes the most sense to first do what I am officially calling the Builder Kits™. And I agree that if you want a whole Sealab, you'll spend just as much money as it would cost for him to make the whole shebang.

Let's focus on our goal - making spaceships!!

I'm thinking this is the best order to attack the releases, gauging on who is building what:

Escape Pod
X-Wing
Colonial Movers
Battlestar Galactica
ANH Star Destroyer
Sandcrawler
Turbo laser
2' Death Star Tiles
Blockade Runner

Any total parts overlap will trigger a simultaneous release. Price will be determined by how many parts/how much it costs to make... no idea yet. Will post Sealab photos on Tuesday, so we can continue to ID... but we seem to have enough on some of these to get started soon!

No no, not here. Wait for the Junkyard thread. I want IDs here... I know these will sell. No need to say so.

If this thread gets moved if it gets off track, imma be pissed.

Please, please include a ANH 5' Falcon set, I'm sooo definately in for that guys.
This would be a dream come true, on a par with getting Koolshade!.
Cheers
Stu:)

I thought I'd contribute since there haven't been any numbers thrown out there for the 5' Falcon yet. These part counts include saving scraps that are cut off.

1 (x2)
4 (x14)
23 (x2)
24 (x8)
33 (x8)
45 (x1)
Possibly 56 (x11) on the radar dish?
71 (x2)
78 (x8)

Last edited:
Almost everything is bagged and tagged! I will take photos of everything easily now, and post so we can keep IDing. Thank you everyone for IDing numbers and quantities. This board is truly collaborative, and it warms my cold robot heart!

5873113092_efa6b31972_o.jpg

Truly great initiative. Making available the kit info and providing castings of the kit parts needed!

I"ll take an escape pod and red 5 x-wing set.

Marvin

Good to know - but please reread the thread - this is NOT an interest list. I want this to be an ID thread and I don't want it moved from this section while we are IDing parts. I will start a Junkyard thread when things are ready. This won't be limited or hard to get - no need to say who wants what.

Hi Jason,

I'm a bit out the loop re Studio scale stuff at the moment, but I'm still very interested in sorting a 5' Falcon sealab set, using the info we have complied on my MF ID thread.

Is this project still on the cards?

Cheers
Nick

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back