Trigun - Vash the Stampede .45 Long Colt Replica

haloboyvash

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to these forums. I been searching for the last few weeks trying to find a replica of Vash's gun. All the old forum links are dead and I can't seem to find any place to get one. I have found a solid resin prop kit on eBay, and one from frontier models. But I would be interested in finding one that chambered the bullets and had a working trigger/hammer/cylinder. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could find one of these? Any information would be helpful and greatly appreciated!

Hmmm, I remember seeing one a very long time ago in Japan at an anime store. It was very expensive, around 55,000 yen (about $550 give or take)

I looked on the Japanese Yahoo auction site and found one, but it's expensive! VASH'S GUN
But at least there is a picture reference. There was also a plastic model kit from memory, but it's very rare. The general search for "Trigun" on the Yahoo Japanese Auction sites is this: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%82%AC%E3%83%B3&auccat=&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&slider=0&tab_ex=commerce

This is the main auction site people use in Japan, I've gotten a few anime things (like Vash's sunglasses) from there before. Only problem, it's in Japanese, and they don't always ship overseas.

Hope this helps. (Sorry if the links don't work, they have Japanese in them)

Wow! You wasn't kidding like $800 for that resin model, but it's put me on the right track. Thanks so much for the info I really appreciate it :cool

Sidkit was the last person to offer a replica of that version that could do everything but shoot bullets. It was even cast in metal. I don't think anyone is offering a vash replica these days though. Of any type.

I picked up a Poseidon kit off of ebay last year for $300. They are around (mostly cheap solid recasts or inaccurate kits). Just keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks for the input guy's, I got my hands on a solid resin one from eBay just today for like $35, but I would really love to get my hands on one of the Poseidon Kits with the functioning trigger/hammer/cylinder.... I know their extremely hard to come by, but I'm getting close and thanks for the help again I appreciate it =) .... Does anyone know a way to get in touch with Sidkit or anyone else for that matter?

sadly Sid of Sidkit fame passed away a few years ago :(

how ever I'm sure if your patient you'll luck out

I know from experience looking for this prop took a long while but i scored a nice resin and metal cast replica that opens a closes working hammer/trigger but lacks a spinning barrel which is a decent trade of for a nice replica

Ohh that's sorry to hear about Sid, my apologies.

I will continue looking, if anyone has one they would like to trade or sale please let me know. Thanks!

I remember seeing another version of it besides Sid's version. Have you tried amazon japan or another overseas site.

I made one of those on my 3d printer a few weeks ago, been trying to mold it for dragon con and failing at it horribly. I've got the stl files I made if those will do anyone any good. "Files" cause i attempted to make one that opened and closed... but I used the wrong powder and it didn't make it out of the machine.

Unless you can find one in kit form there is no way you will get it shipped from overseas. Trust me. Unless you know someone in Japan who will personally take it out of the country for you, it will either get snatched by Customs or they simply wont agree to ship it at all.

Unless you can find one in kit form there is no way you will get it shipped from overseas. Trust me. Unless you know someone in Japan who will personally take it out of the country for you, it will either get snatched by Customs or they simply wont agree to ship it at all.

I agree it can be very iffy. Back in the good old days I used a Japanese bidding company to win my Vash gun kit and they took care of everything for me. They even bragged they had never lost a gun kit. They marked it as a toy so I guess it got through, plus it was in kit form. I was worried that I wouldn't get it and get screwed by customs up until the moment I got it though.

However a year later when I asked them to bid and get me a set of the solid cast Poseidon Hellsing guns they wouldn't even touch it. No debate, we won't touch it, they must have gotten burned somehow. I did have luck a few years later getting a set of Dante's guns off ebay straight from Japan though. Guy even threw in a replica of the coin he flips in DMC2 for nothing. Bottom line seems that its a gamble.

One other thing to consider and I'm sure its probably been said is that if you were to get a real DNG Poseidon kit somewhere is that you need a Tokyo Marui M29 model kit to finish it off. Not an airsoft mind you, but their original plans actually call for a TM M29 cap gun kit to finish it off. When I got my Vash kit, it was part of the bid.

I'm still on the hunt! If I could find me a kit, my father has a metal machining machine, and we are in the plans to try and make a metal replica.

When I got my Vash kit, it was part of the bid.

Pretty sure I was watching that one. I dropped out when it went past 350$, I already have a recast of the DNG kit so it wasen't super essential.

The ones that crop up most often on eBay are the recast Vice Alpha guns, these are the ones Sidkit cast in Metal. They're not very appealing IMO, they arn't terribly accurate and the scale length is messed up. But you can usually find them easily enough.

Pretty sure I was watching that one. I dropped out when it went past 350$, I already have a recast of the DNG kit so it wasen't super essential.

The ones that crop up most often on eBay are the recast Vice Alpha guns, these are the ones Sidkit cast in Metal. They're not very appealing IMO, they arn't terribly accurate and the scale length is messed up. But you can usually find them easily enough.

It was 00762 out of I have no idea how many. That gun has had a great life! Maybe Ill dig out my Vash again some year.

If memory serves me right the Vice Alpha ones weren't too durable either. I remember this one sob story another Vash costumer told me about how he let this guy hold his and the guy broke it. Never let a stranger hold your prop!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back