The Prop Store First Look NOSTROMO: A LEGEND BORN AND BORN AGAIN PART 5

Beautiful model, so good to see it restored and back to it's former glory. I still find it hard to believe it was just left outside under a tarp. I wonder if many -or any - model makers/companies insist on keeping ownership of their models nowadays, especially when you think of the after market for kits of popular designs. I know nothing of such things and how it works so maybe someone can say if such ever happens.

It was obvious from when the film was first released that it was going to be a 'bar setter'. The 'work-a-day', business and no frills look to it set it so far apart from anything else of that time. It's still just as amazing a look now. I quite envy the guys who can claim to have been a part of the team that created this stunner of a ship.

I do remember my second eldest brother talking about it after going with his mates to the cinema to see it the week it came out. He said that when the Alien appeared properly in the landing gear bay scene doing fast, jabby, toothy things to Brett, that he and people all around him were pretty much trying to climb backwards over the seats into the row behind. :) So much fun.

Brilliant thread, thank you very much for posting it!

I'm cleaning up my subscriptions during the holidays and just got around to reading this article. I had to bump the thread for anyone that could have missed this amazing story. It's shocking that the spaceship to one of the best sci-fi movies was just in someone's driveway. But at least it survived and wasn't tossed by some studio exec that didn't care about it. I'm glad it's been reborn and in a safe place. Thanks for the story.

Really enjoyed reading about the restoration project. It's incredible to think that the Nostromo was neglected and allowed to get to that state in the first place. I would have been more then happy to look after it and provide it a good home :love. Incredible job on the restoration.

I remember hearing scuttlebutt about this project some time ago and it's wonderful to have stumbled across a full write up, with photos, on the history, the later find, and her full restoration. Thank you for sharing this highly detailed and very interesting story and for all the work done to save this important piece of movie history!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back