Looper (Post-release)

...I think Looper will really satisfy alot of peoples expectations if not exceed them.

I really hope so. The creative team is incredible, and both Brick and The Brothers Bloom were amazing. So whether or not it receives the attention it deserves, I know I'll enjoy it. I'm just excited to see a original sci-fi thriller in the theaters. It's nice to not know what to expect.

I'm ready for Thursday night!

62057_10151026411580059_1707993090_n.jpg

I'm ready for Thursday night!
Nice and appears to almost screen matching :thumbsup.

I had already downloaded the score from iTunes last week on Sept 18, then few hours later on the same day La La Land announced they are releasing the score CD today with bonus tracks. So I had to get it again. Also first 100 copies get the CD with Nathan Johnson's autograph. Of course I won't be listening to it until I get to see the movie here on Oct 12.

I feel like there are a lot of plot points that aren't touched on or mentioned in the trailers, which is what really has me excited. Also, I'm a huge fan of Rian Johnson. The Brothers Bloom and Brick were fantastic, loved those films. (My only problem with Brick being that just about all of those kids were supposed to be high schoolers, which was a bit ridiculous.)

Since this existing thread didn't have many pages of pre-release discussion, we will continue the post-release discussion along with spoilers here in the same thread.

The movie is getting released in some parts of world on Sept 27 including Australia, New Zealand (both where it's already Sept 27 toady), Greece and others.

Looper is not a sequel, prequel, remake, reboot or adaptation; it's a original sci-fi film by Rian Johnson and it has time travel. Go Watch It.

Not too long ago I'm sure I would have loved the movie, but today (and being a father now has something to do with it) I must say that although there wasn't much wrong with Looper it just wasn't for me.

After having seen the movie the more I think about the premise the dumber it gets: Criminal cartels in the future have enough financial resources to finance time travel but are unable to dispose a dead body for good ... so they send the victims back in time (alive)... :confused

And why do the Loopers get 30 years and have to kill themselves in the end (when they might hesitate doing so)? Wouldn't it be much easier to simply kill the young Loopers after they aren't needed anymore?

I was surprised by the "Terminator" element and frankly having a little boy at home was a bit too sensitive to the killing children aspect. And just like "The Terminator" Looper had a similar paradox: Old Joe travels back in time to kill the young rainmaker while his actions in the past lead to his "creation".

The scene with Seth being cut into pieces was a bit too creepy for me and giving it a second thought didn't even make much sense going to such an extreme: So they won't kill young Seth because that's messing with time, cutting off all his limbs though doesn't. They do so to get old Seth, but how can they be sure that he will make it to them without even legs in the end? Or young Seth got killed finally (wasn't that what young Joe believed?), so why not simply kill him and make old Seth disappear that way in the first place?

Since this is the RPF, a word about the design/props: I liked Kid Blue's gun with its ridiculous size (was that a real gun or custom?), other than that there was nothing for me. Most of the vehicles looked either "meh" or "craptacular" (like the bikes)...

Sorry to start the discussion with a negative post, but I'm sure most of you will love Looper and so might I have not too long ago.

Saw a preview screening. I liked the movie. JGL did a good job. Though at times, with the make-up, he reminded me of a young De Niro. The child actor did an excellent job.

The props were cool. I think Kid Blue's gun may have been based one a 50 cal Magnum.

Saw this @ Arclight tonight - have a question for those who've seen it:

SPOILER

There was a quick SECOND scene where JGL does successfully off Willis - what was the point there? Was that one timeline - and the events of the film another?
And do we need spoiler tags in a post-release thread?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back