Rocky I accurate gloves and shorts?

I was lucky enough to have Sly sign my Everlast gloves. I wish I had known about the Casanova gloves but oh well...

IMG_2577.jpg

I have a signed PSA DNA Sly glove and its one of my favs. I wish I knew about Casanova gloves earlier too, at least your Everlast patch is white and not yellow.

Thanks for those! Is that museum in LA?

As an aside, I've learned that Casanova still very much produces these all red gloves with white stitches AND the Casanova patch has remained the same since the 1970s. Thus, these exact gloves are being manufactured and sold in Mexico. While $300 was the first price I found them for, I have since found a distributor who sells them for about $100. So here is my question. Why would diamond select replicate gloves currently manufactured for $100? I HAVE to believe Casanova simply sold them the 1,976 pieces they needed and just made the shadow box- thus the original $150 DS price tag. Can anyone chime in? Are these real gloves?

So with the logo the wrong way, are you thinking about not getting the pair now? Hmmm I'm following this thread fairly closely. Just wondering. Thanks.

There are some great pieces there, us guys building Pee Wee bike can go take great pics of the one they have there, but some of the props may be questionable. I shot some Holy grail images and some people here said that they might not be legit pieces?
Anyhow its a nice place but small, do lunch at the Mels dinner to save on parking.

Thanks for the info Abelugo.

@ Msstencil: For $60 plus shipping from Tonk Toys on Amazon, I ended up getting one anyway. To me, that price seemed reasonable for the plaque and shadow box alone, let alone the gloves.

I think I will also be getting a pair of real Casanovas to perhaps switch out. The only question in my mind is whether to go with 8oz or 10oz gloves. Yes modern heavyweights wear 10oz, but that didn't come to effect in the boxing rules until the mid 80s.

So what would Sly have worn? I know in at least one famous fight the announcer stated Ali and his opponent were in 8oz gloves. I also know Rocky Marciano wore 8oz gloves later in his career (as opposed to the tiny 6oz gloves he wore at the beginning of his career).

Were the filmakers were going for sleek? Would Sly copy Ali's glove size? By 1976 were 10 oz gloves standard for heavyweights despite the lack of a rule change yet?

I've also been told that Casanovas run "small" and surprise boxers who order them as they look like "kid gloves."

Opinions appreciated!

So you did get some after all? That's awesome! What size did you end up going with? Did you end up putting them on your life-size Rocky statue? Do you have any pictures? Come on man! We need details!!! :D

Ah, sorry Adam, I can't believe I missed this post.

I indeed put them on my figure. Please excuse my terrible pics - my figures are crammed while my house is being worked on.

Also, I went with the 8OZ gloves, and I find they are a good match for the size we see on screen. I always figured Stallone would have been more keen to copy the Rocky Marciano look - and gloves were smaller back then.

I
8CED4C40-BF81-4496-897E-D8F0EDE0F074-2290-00000249634178AE.jpg

C9712630-0E8E-4D90-AAA3-9385C98B72EB-2290-000002495DA14601.jpg

22EB66CB-08ED-421D-9D72-521E736F5CF0-2290-0000024952EDC5BC.jpg

4CEB82AB-E1B0-4991-A15C-10510B59A2FB-2290-000002494C53E77C.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back