$15 REWARD: Help me search! I'm after a cheap copy...

Jm419

Sr Member
...of this sword.

WKC-Military swords, Online Shop - General King saber | German Ceremonial swords.

Now, the pricetag is a little high...so I'm not too interested in that. This is a very special item to me - so the sword needs to be exactly like this one, but I believe the original was a knockoff of the sword listed above. Brass instead of gold accents, etc.

I've scoured the internet for one of these under $200, but I can't even find one for less than 200 Euro. It is important to me that I find one of these, but I'm not willing to pay out the nose for it.

Help me RPF, you're my only hope!

Thanks for the help, guys.

Last edited:
Re: Help me search! I'm after a cheap copy...

Would a reward help? $15 to anyone who gives me a link with this sword for less than $200.

Only a few places on the internet sell that sword, I'm a sword collector and own one of these, but you won't find it anywhere on the internet for less than $495 USD

I know it. I'd be interested in purchasing one, but not for that price.

Hence the reward. I've looked all over - it doesn't need to be that same sword, but if it was a knockoff that looked like it from two feet away, or something...

Thanks, Hogosha, but I'm looking for an exact replica. You know, like a cheap ripoff of Excalibur, or something like that - cheap, but looks the part.

I don't want the real thing. It'd be strange to have a weapon that an SS officer might have carried...

Slave1, that might be the way I'll go. I sent off an email to the manufacturer asking about substituting white grip material.

It's close, that's true. However, it has a Swastika on it, so I'm kinda...iffy, you know?

The one I'm after is the World War I model. The black-gripped one is the closest so far.

Bump.

It seems that there are two different types of saber here - a WWI version with an eagle or crossed swords on the base of the basket, and a WWII version with the Nazi Eagle and Swastika on it. I'm after a WWI version.

So, I'm thinking I might get a repro with a black leather grip and swap out the grip material for a white leather. What do you guys think? Doable? Or should we keep searching for a white grip one?

Also, a lead: A Bolivian Officer's Lionhead Sabre

This appears to be a vintage version with a white grip - one which I wasn't sure existed.

Let's see what we can find!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back