m19 scope

bigshotrob

Hey guys, I am new here. I've got a quick question. I recently put a m19 scope on ebay for sale and I'm just curious what a common price is for one. I thought that it would be something that would be collectable to someone restoring a tank or someone who is interested in military items, but I quickly found out that they are used to make prop guns. My limited research led me to this site.

I am curious about any information that is available. There isn't much about them on the internet. Any information about what they are worth and what exactly they were used for would be much appreciated. I know that they were used on tanks, but what tank is unclear. I can't possibly imagine this being the sight for the main gun.

I have seen them go for $50 - $500+ depends on how bad someone wants it at that moment and how good of condition it's in...

It's a 'big gun' (artillery) quick sighting (spotting) scope and was not exclusive to tanks, it was used on multiple large caliber artillery to simply get you in the targeting area...

FYI is was a wartime scope and was probably bashed onto anything and everything as needed at the moment, not a 'it goes on this piece of equipment only' type of item...

What exoray said.

It is worth more, within exoray's 50-500 bracket, if you have the original bolts/screws for mounting it. At least I'd pay more for it.

I'm assuming you already know this but it's used on DL-44s (Han and Luke's blasters) from The Empire Strikes Back and E11s (stormtrooper blasters) from ESB and A New Hope.

I knew that it was used on the E-11's. I think its pretty neat how the creators of the guns used bits of real guns. I'm a bit of a gun nut and I found out they used parts of the Sten guns as well as the Mauser Broomhandle. I think its odd how small the lenses are. You have you have your eye in exactly the right spot or else you can't see though it. Thats the problem with small lenses. I can't imagine being in a sustained fire fight and having to use this scope when there is lots of commotion.

I really appreciate the info. Im learning more and more about it. Im not necessarily trying advertise, but it is on Ebay. Any other information is welcome.

Lear60man It does look like a pretty good deal, although I am looking for an original M19 scope as opposed to a replica, no matter how accurate or high quality it is. Thank you for trying to help, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back