Blade Runner Snub Nose Blaster Project

Yes, I will be selling stands, but I don't know when I will be able to get to making them. I will send a notification to everyone that bought the kit when the stands are available, as well as posting here.

Not to shift focus away from this awesome build, which I will be buying when kits come available. But dose anyone have any information on this base used to make this ebay listing?

It's clearly a toy repaint, but has anyone seen it before, dose anyone have access to it?

Blade Runner Blaster Snub Nose Toy Replica | eBay

$(KGrHqUOKj0E4m65uB0oBORe-Bt!4w~~0_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!hwE4qCS3vH0BORe96Rq0Q~~0_12.JPG

It is very diffent from the other toy blaster
!BbML3z!B2k~$(KGrHqIH-DwEquZ(cC0FBKu2yHK7Eg~~_12.JPG

I bought two of these toy blasters last summer for $5.00 each, but haven't gotten around to doing any modding. If you can find one, I recommend not letting it slip by.

They're screaming at me every time I pass them!!

Metal Castings

I've started to play around with casting some of the parts for the snub nose in metal, pewter to be exact. I doubt I'll be offering metal kits, but maybe a few custom built ups are in the works!

CRW_4737.jpg

CRW_4742.jpg

CRW_4738.jpg

Real metal? REAL METAL??? I'm dying here, this brings it to a whole new level.

Now it'll look real even without an excellent paintjob! Just a bit of grime and dust weathering and it'll look like a nice worn piece of hardware.

Krylon Grey base primer, Krylon Stainless Steel, and Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze were all usedf for the paints.

Awesome kit, awesome build!

Are those Kylon Fusion flavors? Kylon Fusion changed my life--just an idiot-proof (read me-proof), good-looking paint on anything.

- JD

Some of the metal castings cleaned up a bit and test fit with the resin parts. The metal parts are actually slightly larger than the resin ones. This is due to the molds expanding from the hot metal, which then cools and sets while the molds are still hot. All in all, the mix of parts still fits together pretty well. The barrel is actually one I machined from some steel rod, not a metal casting

CRW_4838_zps2e135fc7.jpg

CRW_4843_zpsc8c1e7e8.jpg

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Must have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is incredible work.

do you still offer a resin kit?

Some of the metal castings cleaned up a bit and test fit with the resin parts. The metal parts are actually slightly larger than the resin ones. This is due to the molds expanding from the hot metal, which then cools and sets while the molds are still hot. All in all, the mix of parts still fits together pretty well. The barrel is actually one I machined from some steel rod, not a metal casting

Wow! So.....will you be doing a limmited run of metal kits, or metal upgrades?
I'd be interested in either should they become available.

Wow! So.....will you be doing a limmited run of metal kits, or metal upgrades?
I'd be interested in either should they become available.

I will not doing either metal kits or parts, but will be doing a few custom metal built up blasters for sale as completed units.

Hardwood grips for the Snubby!

this is a project I'm quite excited about and have been waiting a long time to do. Custom hardwood grips to fit my Snub Nose Blaster. These grips are milled in pairs on my CNC router then hand sanded and finished. I am planning on offering them for sale, both finished as shown and unfinished for the DIYer. The prices have not yet been determined.

The samples shown here are Curly Bubinga, Curly Maple and Walnut. the Walnut grips are also checkered, but I'm not wild about those since the checkering interfers with the beauty of the wood grain. Stay tuned for some other exotic hardwoods coming soon!

CRW_4852_zps71033840.jpg

CRW_4855_zps86a6cea2.jpg

CRW_4856_zps5357f7a7.jpg

CRW_4857_zps0ef97421.jpg

CRW_4875_zps9acffe5c.jpg

CRW_4876_zps2bb8cd29.jpg

CRW_4869_zps9b47ee4c.jpg

Here is a more complete set of pics of the grips I've been making, including some made from curly mahogany. In time the mahogany will age to a much deeper reddish brown.

CRW_4887-Edit_zps6ec5645e.jpg

CRW_4883-Edit_zps6bb4cc51.jpg

CRW_4888-Edit_zpsfa4cdda8.jpg

CRW_4890-Edit_zps29ed1edc.jpg

CRW_4886-Edit_zps836945ae.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back