Terminator: Genisys

http://io9.com/terminator-genisys-toys-reveal-the-termiators-time-mach-1686006401

Terminator Genisys Toys Reveal The Terminator's Time Machine

iaryhcz1w6jxghzhdxvf.jpg

Wow we've really veered away from adult orientated Terminator films. Not that it needs to be to make the film good. It just shows these movies are more about gimmicks and cash grabs now than anything. I will give this film a chance and I hope I'm completely wrong but so far I'm not seeing anything that really grabs me. I do see a lot of things that make me cringe though. Oh Cameron why did you have to lose the liscence??

Ben

I keep hearing "chatter" both Hurd and Cameron are going to make a play to re-acquire the rights.

Why bother at this point?
Cameron should try to make one last original, epic movie. No Avatar sequels. No underwater, big sinking boat crap.
One last grown-up, action blockbuster that will leave people with their jaws dropped when the credits roll.

Stop milking a dead cow. There's no need to try to redeem a legacy. Everyone knows what Terminator movies are worth watching and still manage to stand up against today's movies almost 30 years later. He doesn't need to undo what's been done.

I keep hearing "chatter" both Hurd and Cameron are going to make a play to re-acquire the rights.

That would be awesome. He could ignor the others and make a 3rd final act to leave the hardcore fans happy. I like to believe he could do it. He's creative mind has seen many years and movies pass but I like to think he still has maybe a deep down sadness at losing the franchise he built. My favorite artwork from the films is his concept art. It was all there in his own drawings. The Endo,the HKs and the future war stuff. The guy had a vision and it was a future horror vision and I feel that's kinda been lost. :)

Ben

Why bother at this point?
Cameron should try to make one last original, epic movie. No Avatar sequels. No underwater, big sinking boat crap.
One last grown-up, action blockbuster that will leave people with their jaws dropped when the credits roll.

Stop milking a dead cow. There's no need to try to redeem a legacy. Everyone knows what Terminator movies are worth watching and still manage to stand up against today's movies almost 30 years later. He doesn't need to undo what's been done.

While I do agree with you one can hope can't they?One final 3rd act to his films to close it all off. :)

Ben

Thank you ***** ******! ERRR I mean Jim Cameron :p :lol
The best thing I have heard since.. hmm the first good thing this freakin millennium!

This would hopefully mean one of two things, either he writes/directs another epic installment OR they at least stop people from taking a dump on the franchise.

Thank you ***** ******! ERRR I mean Jim Cameron :p :lol
The best thing I have heard since.. hmm the first good thing this freakin millennium!

This would hopefully mean one of two things, either he writes/directs another epic installment OR they at least stop people from taking a dump on the franchise.

Here's the question I know that one of us has to ask: since he's lost his style after Titanic, is he able to recapture what made the first two Terminator films great?

Well, let's look at other creative artists revisiting their early works, and see what the trend looks like:

John Carpenter.
George Lucas.
Steven Spielberg.
Ridley Scott.
Classic rock bands.

I'm gonna vote "probably not."

And to be fairer to JC -
After T2 was a monster hit in 1991 the studios were offering him dump trucks of money to do a 3rd one right away. I have a feeling that JC never revisited it in the 1990s because he didn't really see another good one in the franchise as he'd created it.

Maybe Cameron felt he had changed. Maybe the movie just wasn't there. Maybe both. I dunno. But the bottom line is that Cameron could have made another movie back then. He would have had an absolutely blank check, no T3 & TS polluting the public's minds, and Arnie was still in his prime. Cameron elected not to do it.

Last edited:
Here's the question I know that one of us has to ask: since he's lost his style after Titanic, is he able to recapture what made the first two Terminator films great?

"IN CAMERON WE TRUST" if anyone can, he's the one.

Cameron elected not to do it.

Exactly, which is why I mentioned getting the rights and doing nothing. Nothing is better than taking a dump all over it ;)

They should have pulled all the wasted money into better time slot and advertising as well as production of TSCC (Dudes, it's been 7 effing years ago and I still feel the hurt!).

I feel about Terminator the same way I feel about Predator. I'd watch the main monsters grocery shop for two hours. Bring on the sequels, I say. If the movie happens to actually be good, all the better.

Kinda spoilery that Arnold would say that. Practically guarantees his 'guardian Terminator' will survive the entire Genisys movie.
I only say that because there's no way they'd come up with another ​reason for old Arnold to be back as a different T800 ( I hope)

Can't agree with you there. Arnold's been in (and been destroyed in) every feature Terminator film so far...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back