Blade Runner Blaster, Making a Shooter

There was an airsoft version at some point.

Pretty rare. People have been looking high and lo (here and in Asia) for a C/A Bulldog. Would be great if they were available. If I found one, I'd probably build another one of these using an airsoft.

However, a rare airsoft C/A might cost more than a real one. Plus, you'd have to yank the barrel and replace it with a longer one like on a real C/A. The optional 4" barrel on a Bulldog is a little too short to work with a full sized blaster. The shooter that "Doc" made was with a Bulldog 4" barrel and he had to modify the blaster to work with the undersized Bulldog barrel, but he (and a couple of others) proved that you can make a shooting Bladerunner Blaster!

The only airsoft Bulldog I ever heard of was a short run made by Kanamaru. Would love to find one for sale.

CA1.jpg

CA2.jpg

Last edited:
Adam Savage is also slowly working on one. Who will finish first?

I wonder if those plastic side panels will take the strain or fly away.

Adam Savage and I have communicated over our respective builds. He is using a real Steyr on his. His is probably done or close to done by now, he had already drilled and tapped his Steyr IIRC.

The side panels are not plastic, they are metal. On the original they were also metal, probably aluminum. I am going to have two sets, one for show (uncut) and one for shooting (trimmed/vented to allow gas to vent).

Good Idea.

I read that the Director and a props guy went into a gun store and the director said 'a piece of this, a piece of that. stick that on top.' Bingo. Cool gun. At the time Sci-fi guns were based on real guns. Star Wars used real guns with blanks at first.

For those wondering, there are many forums out there where people build their own guns. It's not illegal, as long as it's not an illegal gun, like a machine gun.
Heck, people can work on their cars and drive them on public roads, even with no mechanical skills. I'm more worried about them.

(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup

Good Idea.

I read that the Director and a props guy went into a gun store and the director said 'a piece of this, a piece of that. stick that on top.' Bingo. Cool gun. At the time Sci-fi guns were based on real guns. Star Wars used real guns with blanks at first.

For those wondering, there are many forums out there where people build their own guns. It's not illegal, as long as it's not an illegal gun, like a machine gun.
Heck, people can work on their cars and drive them on public roads, even with no mechanical skills. I'm more worried about them.

Interesting to see if the side green LED"sight" on the side could be aligned such to be useful sight, Perhaps leave the LED's out and keep it hallow so you could look through it, though your view of the target area is considerably blocked by the gun itself.

This is an awesome build. Where are you guys seeing a similar build by Adam Savage?
Nevermind newbie mistake found asavage post and his build is super detailed as well.
I signed up a week before the whole spoofed site thing. I was still not sure what was going on so I have not been posting anywhere until today.

Last edited:
Status Report. GETTING THERE! Here are some pics of the blaster as she looks now. The Charter Arms Bulldog is fitted in the latest version of Rich Coyle's Bladerunner blaster prop replica. Real binding post, MSPAW LED sight rod, newer grips, etc.

MyGun2.jpg

MyGun1.jpg

The next photo shows the "shooter" next to one of my early Coyle resin replicas.

MyGun3.jpg

I am planning to take it to the range during the summer, and will photograph it being shot. Need a volunteer to cosplay a replicant so that I will have a moving target! :cool

.......Need a volunteer to cosplay a replicant so that I will have a moving target! :cool

Yeah, with no useful sights they will probably be safe. :lol

Though I would suspect that it could be possible to align
the fake "laser" LED sight with the target in such a way it could
serve as rough sight.

You could put one of those laser bore sighting tools in the barrel and see if the fake laser sight dealy lines up with the expected point of impact.

Cool idea. I have one of the regular raw props at home, I keep putting off finishing it. Best wishes on your build.

Yeah, with no useful sights they will probably be safe. :lol

Though I would suspect that it could be possible to align
the fake "laser" LED sight with the target in such a way it could
serve as rough sight.

You could put one of those laser bore sighting tools in the barrel and see if the fake laser sight dealy lines up with the expected point of impact.

75% of the handgun shooting we do at work is done without sights so I'm pretty used to working without them at typical city contact distance. Hey, I'd be nice and loan the actor replicant some body armor! :unsure

Weighs a ton, but has a very solid and tight feel to it. I love the trigger action ... a benefit of having a real gun. The finish on the replica Steyr upper is remarkably smooth and shiny, the photos do not do it justice.

Will take more pics with the blaster opened up, and later shooting.

RealOpenBolt.jpg

RealLeft.jpg

RealBottom.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back