The 89 MattMobile Build Thread.

WOW Matt, watching your build is so inspiring. Wish I had the cash to do this.

Really love watching your build videos too. Looks like you are having the time of your life
and you are surrounded by your friends which has to be encouraging as well.

Keep up the work and great job so far!!!

Kenny

Yes to new neighbours, I know that feeling. Although it's my neighbours that are the noisy ones, which is why I don't mind being loud.:lol.

Hopefully they're not more uptight.

maybe you should be working with the garage door open when they are showing people though so you get someone who is interested in the project to move in. (;

An event worthy of an update! For those of you following along, you'll know my roid-rage neighbor has been giving me a world of trouble. Well, tonight I found out he's moving! There's a for lease sign out front of his place, meaning he's not renewing HIS lease! Whoohoo! Let's hope the next tenants are a timid bunch, or are hard of hearing.

Fingers crossed for geeky coeds

Just watched the latest Youtube update, I'm dying to see more Matt, this is such a cool build.
P.S. Girlfriends do slow down hobbys so I can sympathise with you. But they're worth it.

The big news is that Bo The Welder is going to make his triumphant return in the coming weeks. I've been swamped with work on the Behind-The-Scenes front, filming stuff for the upcoming "Star Trek Continues" web series, along with a number of projects with Wayside Creations.

Things are still moving along, just much slower than expected. Surprised??? :lol

being that your legs will be astride the transmission tunnel (ouch), are you going to weld in hoops over the tailshaft in case of a unijoint failure?

Matt, quick question about the engine.
I'm looking into building my own Batmobile that is similar to the Tim Burton one you're building, so the frame of it is going to be rather long. And I was thinking of mounting the engine in the middle putting it closer to the cockpit, and on top of that I was going to use an AWD axel for better power and control of the car. I guess my question is what I'm doing wise or doomed to fail? Additionally how are you treating the engine in your car in terms of where the engine goes, the drive train, and so forth. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back