Best Vader Platform Boots?

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone have a recommendation for some good platform boots to give a six foot guy as much lift as possible for my Vader costume? Looking for something relatively accurate with not a lot of modification (preferably none) necessary.

Thanks,
Magnoli

Ok... answering my own question here, but still looking for some advice. After looking at a bunch of platform shoes/boots, and how awful the thick soles look, I found a site that specialized in elevator shoes for shorter guys. This boot has an internal lift, adding a total of 4.25" to your height:

XN9797B.JPG

I wonder if the shin greeves would cover the laces. All of the no-lace boots I've found have toe stitching, so wouldn't work for Vader boots...

Kind regards,
Indy

I know a few Vaders and I've seen both the external lifts and the internal lifts. I don't know where they got them, though. I think my CO has internal lifts in his Vader boots.

I bought 5-inch internal lifts on eBay. They are essentially foam wedges that are attached inside the shoe/boot with an adhesive strip. Takes a bit of practice to learn to walk with them, but they increase your height quite dramatically. Also, the toes of the boots need to be filled with something as your foot won't be anywhere near where it usually is when using the lifts. Otherwise, boots will look kinda empty and weird.

As for external lifts, I preferred not to. No matter what, platforms tend to look like KISS or Frankenstein boots...

I don't know if they make these in adult sizes, but I picked these up at the thrift store for Jack. Just cause it was a kids size 10 and had a high top boot for his then Solo costume.

Nick's wearing these now for his Vader I'm making and gives him 2+ inches of lift towars rear and less up front. The nice thing with these, is they aren't complete platforms where you just look like frankenstein having it level across from the heel to toe. They are higher in the heel, so with the cape and robes- it hides some of the external lift look.

n1315757790_122402_2976.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back