The Time-Turner Page

There's also a video posted up on Youtube where Emma says in an interview that they allowed her to keep one of the Time-Turners just after the filming of Deathly Hallows, although I doubt this is really useful info I thought I should share it with you guys

Thanks!!!! I knew she had one, and that Dan took a pair of glasses, not sure what Rupert took... But thanks for trying!

Luke

Hey Luke,

Nice project you have going here. I'll follow your progress with great interest. I'll just let you in on a little secret. As you may know I'm into graflex flashguns to become lightsabers and even though screen-used props may look very cool on the screen ... many a time they look crap in reality ... as long as they look excellent on the screen from a certain point of view ... towards camera. That being said I found it very much more gratefying to make my own ANH lightsaber with 'found' vintage parts, then just throwing a bunch of $$$ towards say Master Replica's or even more $$$ towards a so-called screen-used ANH/ESB lightsaber sold by Gary Kurtz in an auction, which from my point of view wasn't even accurate to the many pictures of said lightsaber even if it did have screen-time.
So my point is that in the end you'll be much happier with having accomplished the task that lies ahead ... putting this time-turner together with all the pieces that you have gathered uptil now ... then tracking this person down who just put a lot of dough on the table and be done with it ... he just may have put it in one of those goblin's vault to gather dust and never see the light of day ... ever (sorry just playing devil's advocate :lol) Hang in there brother ... you clearly will succeed when you put your mind to it! :D

-Chaim

Thanks!!!! I knew she had one, and that Dan took a pair of glasses, not sure what Rupert took... But thanks for trying
Rupert said in an interview that he was given the Deluminator, but he also uh, "acquired" the door number from Number 4 Privet Drive. :lol

Hey Luke,

Nice project you have going here. I'll follow your progress with great interest. I'll just let you in on a little secret. As you may know I'm into graflex flashguns to become lightsabers and even though screen-used props may look very cool on the screen ... many a time they look crap in reality ... as long as they look excellent on the screen from a certain point of view ... towards camera. That being said I found it very much more gratefying to make my own ANH lightsaber with 'found' vintage parts, then just throwing a bunch of $$$ towards say Master Replica's or even more $$$ towards a so-called screen-used ANH/ESB lightsaber sold by Gary Kurtz in an auction, which from my point of view wasn't even accurate to the many pictures of said lightsaber even if it did have screen-time.
So my point is that in the end you'll be much happier with having accomplished the task that lies ahead ... putting this time-turner together with all the pieces that you have gathered uptil now ... then tracking this person down who just put a lot of dough on the table and be done with it ... he just may have put it in one of those goblin's vault to gather dust and never see the light of day ... ever (sorry just playing devil's advocate :lol) Hang in there brother ... you clearly will succeed when you put your mind to it! :D

-Chaim

Yeah, but I did see one of the originals at the exhibit and it really is beautiful. While I do think it will be rewarding when I finish my replica, I think owning an original would be prime :)

Well perhaps you can reach her via this website :

About Us | Woop Studios

Don't know if she is at large to answer questions about Harry Potter Props and such ... however when you play your cards right and be über polite, introduce yourself properly, who knows ... it's
a small world afterall :D

-Chaim

I emailed them, I'd love to hear what she has to say! That is, if she responds! I was very polite, I'll even post the message here

"Dear Miraphora,
My name is Luke Forester and I just wanted to tell you that The Time-Turner is my absolute all time SUPER favorite prop in any movie ever! And that's coming from a prop collector of many years. As I understand it, you designed The Time-Turner. I wanted to congratulate you on creating such a wonderful, beautiful piece.

I also wanted to ask if you could tell me anything about it, I just think it's the COOLEST thing and I'd love to know things like how you came up with the design, how you got it to spin so nicely, how you MADE it, is the writing on the side painted or engraved (or both), how many are there (I know Emma has one, I saw one in NYC at the exhibit, I think one was sold for a charity auction, one was just photographed for Entertainment Weekly, are there more?)how long the chain is and how it got SO much longer for Harry and Hermione's trip back three hours, any cool information like that!

Again, it is truly a beautiful piece and I simply adore it! I'm just an eager fan thats a little obsessive (haha) and wants to know EVERYTHING about it!

Thanks for your time and for making the world of Harry Potter THAT much better, so much so that it inspired me to begin collecting props,
Luke Forester

PS: If you want to send me any pictures of it I'll have a permanent smile on my face for the next week or two! :p haha
"

Wow that's excellent . . . remember it's summer time so she might be on a holiday or abroad and not checking her emails ... so be patient like a jed... eh like Dumbledor (did I spell that correctly?) :D

-Chaim

hmm... I think it's Dumbledore, so, very very close on your part :D
I'm giving her until the 21st. Why? I'm going to the Exhibit that day (its my b'day) and can I really want to get going having these made!

I've found a page that compares both the japan version and the noble version I hope it's helpful :)

Link :)

Also I've noticed (with the picture of the actual prop) that the rings appear to be much thinner than those on either the noble or the japan replicas.

Hey guys... Bad news. I went to the HP exhibit today, there are quite a few differences between all the time turners. I'm just going to have to pick and choose the best features of each one

I say one at an exhibit when it came to town and I really liked how it looked. I do recall it looking fragile bit clean. Some of the photos on this thread I can see the solder marks. I have the NC and Japanese versions. I like the Japanese version better.

Although I can not afford the $300 for your custom made item I am interested in how it turns out.

Hi! Well the only reason I don't have these made and shipped already is because I am trying to find a cheaper way to have them made! If I can get them considerably under $299 I will contact you!

Last edited:
HI everyone!!
New here. :) Okay, so today I got the NC time turner for Christmas, and I was surprised and a little disappointed that it was not the same as the Japanese version, which I THOUGHT for several years was the NC one because-surprise-I had never examined the pictures of the NC one closely enough. I have gone through two of the Japanese ones before receiving the NC one today. (sad, I know.) So, while I do like this one, I have noticed, going on A LOT of reviews for a lot of NC's items, a lot of their replicas aren't so well-made, are easily susceptible to wear-and-tear, and are best for display only. Now that would be all well and good-if the majority of their pricing wasn't outrageous for the quality of the products. The time turner isn't bad at all, but I do worry that if I wear it too much it will not last long, and I do prefer to wear it rather than keep it in the display case. I honestly did prefer the design of the Japanese one-it seemed more durable, I definitely preferred the engraved words to the painted-on ones, and it just seemed more realistic.

So, the point I'm trying to get to is-at some point I'd still like to buy the Japanese one to wear, and then I suppose keep the NC one in the case. But, do they still make it? Is it still for sale anywhere? I tried the WB Japan site and it's just too hard to navigate without being fully translated, and I tried several different search terms and came up short, eventually only getting the NC one. I tried ebay of course, where I got my previous two from, but no dice-they only have the NC one, the keychains, and some custom-made knockoffs. If anyone knows where I can still get ahold of the Japanese one (and know how much I will be paying in US dollars) PLEASE let me know, it would be much appreciated!! Thanks!! :D

Omg I'm trying to look for a time turner that looks exactly like in the movie. One of the things a lot of people don't notice is the time turner has 2 of the 3 bead decorations, one on each side of the time turner. The reason why you can't see one in the movie is because it's at a weird angle when Hermione uses it with Harry, and Harry's shadow kind of makes it hard to see. Just one thing I thought you'd like to know :)

prop_003.jpg

And what I mean by 3 bead decoration is the thing on the right just above the time turner in this picture

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back