The Time-Turner Page

Hey anneleen! I'm still working on that :p
I'm going to have mine made first, then I'm going to take pics for everyone to see and make sure they still want to buy. So when my "prototype" is finished you can see the final product! :D hopefully that will be soon!

Can't wait to see the final product. This is one of those props that always frustrated me because nothing on the market can really cover accuracy.

Hi Luke, is it getting to the finish line or are you still in the designing fase?
Since you are going to replicate the Time Turner in exact sizes I started thinking of replicating my original Mail Pieces from Hermione Granger. Maybe we can work together that we can make some kind of Hermione Granger Replica Prop Set?

That sounds awesome, as of now I am still in the very end of the design phase. I think it would be cool to offer the star plate, the whole time turner, the mail pieces, and one set that could include lots of different things! I'm thinking, the turner, the mail, a wand, and maybe something else iconic of hermione. Maybe we coul make our own little artifact boxes and out do Noble's suck boxes! Lol :)

Last edited:
Hey Luke, did you decide on whether the hourglass would be made out of glass or plastic?
I always thought the glass hourglass would look much nicer. :)
The one they used for the film is very unique isn't it? Not many of the mini-hourglasses out there are that shape.

Yeah why not. I will try to search for some other authentic movie props of Hermione which can be replicated. I'm also still in design fase because I want them framed in a passe partout or I want them inside envelopes but I don't want to replicate everything exactly since I want that the originals will have a signature to the collectors so that nobody else can replicate the mail pieces and sell them as originals.

Hey Luke, did you decide on whether the hourglass would be made out of glass or plastic?
I always thought the glass hourglass would look much nicer. :)
The one they used for the film is very unique isn't it? Not many of the mini-hourglasses out there are that shape.

It is a very unique shape, I've had a hard time finding one already made. I was directed to a website by our member, bimmer (if you see this, PM me!), to a website that can actually 3D print glass, so the hourglasses will be made of glass!

I thought this picture might help with the double-catch chain. The small hoop on the chain seen in the distance in this photo must be the same one shown at the top of the Time-Turner's rings when the chain is reduced to it's short length, however it just hangs from the necklace when it's extended as seen here.
The star pattern also looks pretty different from the original prop photos, could it have been a CGI modification?

Attachments

• Time.jpg
    Time.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 224
I thought this picture might help with the double-catch chain. The small hoop on the chain seen in the distance in this photo must be the same one shown at the top of the Time-Turner's rings when the chain is reduced to it's short length, however it just hangs from the necklace when it's extended as seen here.
The star pattern also looks pretty different from the original prop photos, could it have been a CGI modification?

THANKS! But, yeah, in that scene the Time-Turner is CGI, making it basically impossible to replicate perfectly. Watch the way Emma turns it, it just would really be impossible, and she she takes her hand away there's no finials/knobs on the side.

So, we'll need to make do with the prop that emma actually wore and is just barely visible throughout the movie, as it's the only prop that was ever actually made!

Ok, and by "the prop" I meant any of the five copies... They all get clumped together as "the prop" lol
Since you do have all this insider info, would you say it's a safe bet to assume all 5 copies are identical?

Definitely not an insider, more like a crowbar prying open what I can from where I can. I know there are 5 from the description given at a charity auction were JK donated one of them. Assuming she knew and it was relayed correctly and they haven't made any more. :)

Definitely not an insider, more like a crowbar prying open what I can from where I can. I know there are 5 from the description given at a charity auction were JK donated one of them. Assuming she knew and it was relayed correctly and they haven't made any more. :)

Funny you should mention that, I spent all day today looking for more info about that auction, do you know if theres a vid or something of that auction? or a very detailed written account? I want to track down the guy who one so that when I get rich I can find him and give him an offer he can't refuse! And yes, I do have a legit "get rich" plan, so I will be rich, I will find him, I will own a Time-Turner, and I will throw my NC one down the toilet, and finally, I will be happy!

There's also a video posted up on Youtube where Emma says in an interview that they allowed her to keep one of the Time-Turners just after the filming of Deathly Hallows, although I doubt this is really useful info I thought I should share it with you guys

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back