Making Kryptonite for Dummies

Tenno

I'm looking for guidance on how to make kryptonite "crystals" out of Resin? What do I need for this? Any good hints. I've seen the K-rocks from other members and they are awesome, so I want to make one or two for my own. I have no idea how to start :D , so I need good advice. Thanks.

well, theres lots of ways.

make a mold off a quartz rock you have, and cast it in green colored clear resin.
buy some neon green plexiglass and use a bandsaw/belt sander to grind it into the shape you want.
paint or dye a rock you already have.
buy a green crystal rock and go "hey. its kryptonite."

if you can find one of those "make a cast of your babys arm/foot/head" kits that have the crystal clear resin, you can buy some green dye (bout 5$ or so) and use it to make a small rock.

chris

At Crate and Barrel (but not online) they have clear resin casts of quartz clusters. There are a couple different sizes, and one has a hole cut out of the middle for a votive candle to go in it. You could get the clear one, and use glass dye/paint to make it green.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back