1:3 stormtrooper sculpt FINISHED see page 10 !

judgedredd

Sr Member
I have always wanted a large scale stormtrooper for my collection having never seen anything bigger than the Screamin one i thought what the heck i will have a go at sculpting one :love I have not sculpted anything for about 10 years now and i am not very good but needs must.
Here is the work i have done so far its all very rough and i have not added any real detail yet i need to know from Trooper experts if anything stands out as being wrong or out of proportion its certainly not as easy as i thought it would be and i have not even started on a helmet yet !
Be kind but honest please :)
001-12.jpg

[/IMG]
002-8.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1:3 stormtrooper sculpt wip trooper armour advice needed

Love this project. The shoulders bells are a little too straight need at tad mor swoop up on the bottom edge . Right upper shin edge looks like it is to sharp of an angle. Belt looks a tad wide for the scale . Are you sculpting the Butt plate separate I'm far from an expert but still think this is great. Maybe Carsten can help you with the helmet... Will this be mass produced for us TK fools and how? Vac etc..

would it be a lot of trouble for you to highlight the faults for me?
Makes it a lot easie for me to visualise were i am going wong! What do you think so far does it look ok to you?

If it does come out ok i might consider doing a limited run probably resin will have to sort a caster and all that buisness if i do would be a heavy beast though unless it could be cast hollow.

Love this project. The shoulders bells are a little too straight need at tad mor swoop up on the bottom edge . Right upper shin edge looks like it is to sharp of an angle. Belt looks a tad wide for the scale . Are you sculpting the Butt plate separate I'm far from an expert but still think this is great. Maybe Carsten can help you with the helmet... Will this be mass produced for us TK fools and how? Vac etc..

I think his calves need more volume, they appear to be too straight up and down. ( IMHO )

Scott

Great thanks keep looking ! i will attempt to alter the areas you have found the chest is tricky there seem so many variations eveytime i think i have it right i find another picture thats different.
I know what you mean about the calves woking on those.

I like your progress and can't wait to see more. Honestly, I would advice against looking too much at fanmade armor for reference, stick with the originals. There's too much variation of the fanmade.

The shapes of the chest is hard to spot as the lines aren't as clearly defined, but I can try and draw you a rough outline of the chest section of the chest piece, as you seem to have it blend into the rest of the chest piece too much.

I sent a few hero trooper shots I've found around the web to hopefully help you with the shapes. Hope they are useful. This is probably one of the most difficult armor to get right.

Hi thanks for the pics i have spent all day today woking on the chest section the figure has had a radical breast reduction today :) It seems to look better will post some more pics when it looks decent enough to show.I have also chopped the belt off and will do it again i will make it like a real belt this time i think.
Your help is much appreciated thankyou :)

I like your progress and can't wait to see more. Honestly, I would advice against looking too much at fanmade armor for reference, stick with the originals. There's too much variation of the fanmade.

The shapes of the chest is hard to spot as the lines aren't as clearly defined, but I can try and draw you a rough outline of the chest section of the chest piece, as you seem to have it blend into the rest of the chest piece too much.

I sent a few hero trooper shots I've found around the web to hopefully help you with the shapes. Hope they are useful. This is probably one of the most difficult armor to get right.

I can tell you that you are far further along than I ever did on a trooper sculpt. Looking forward to seeing more.

Unfortunately I've been posting from my iPhone and haven't had a chance to illustrate my points. There was a great link on here to TE's reference pics of screen used armor. I'll see if I can find it.

Here are some images of the sculpt with the suggested changes i have altered the chest and legs and will rebuild the belt.
Let me know what you think :)
002-9.jpg

003-5.jpg

004-5.jpg

You realize if this turns out as good as I think it will, I'm going to want one too!

Hey Rob mate! How's things? Good to see you're still active. I think this piece will look awesome as I know you will make an excellent job of it.Keep it up.Give my best to the family
Derek (Heroes & Villains)

Ab plate isn't to scale. It is too wide and looks a tad long. Don't forget the raised detail on the kidney plate.

Ab plate isn't to scale. It is too wide and looks a tad long. Don't forget the raised detail on the kidney plate.
the chest is very difficult to get corect so think i should chop it back a bit ? any chance you could highlight it fo me?

Derek my old friend PM sent :)

Hey Rob mate! How's things? Good to see you're still active. I think this piece will look awesome as I know you will make an excellent job of it.Keep it up.Give my best to the family
Derek (Heroes & Villains)

Is this going to be a Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper ??

So far, if doing a TK, you have the Sandy diamond knee plate sculpted.. and currently have no drop boxes.

Tops of the thigh backs need to follow the angles of the butt plate too.

Coming along nicely though, and look forward to more progress.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back