1:3 stormtrooper sculpt FINISHED see page 10 !

Re: 1:3 stormtrooper sculpt wip trooper armour advice needed

heres another image of the body with the helmet and i am starting to think its actually spot on what does everyone else think please?
001-13.jpg

the shoulders are probably a bit large

Ah... I can see something proportion wise. It seems that his torso may be too long. So that skews things. I have to go eat dinner, but I'll try and do a photoshop illustration after to clarify what I think I'm seeing. It's basically the abdoman area you need to trim a few millimeters off as well as shortening the length of the chest plate.

The shoulder bells, as I mentioned may be shaped a bit too large, based on the Kaiyodo vinyl kit and the Gentle Giant bust. The originals are shaped different.

Still looking good.

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE just had the same thought myself using the images you sent this is what i drew on the body just befre i got your message :) please do the photoshop image it will help a lot i am starting to think this head is a 100% match :)
kde001.jpg

Ah... I can see something proportion wise. It seems that his torso may be too long. So that skews things. I have to go eat dinner, but I'll try and do a photoshop illustration after to clarify what I think I'm seeing. It's basically the abdoman area you need to trim a few millimeters off as well as shortening the length of the chest plate.

The shoulder bells, as I mentioned may be shaped a bit too large, based on the Kaiyodo vinyl kit and the Gentle Giant bust. The originals are shaped different.

Still looking good.

WOW... that last picture sells it, imo. Glad I pushed you for that larger size... but I was really saddened to hear I might have pushed you just a tad bit too far... but... it may be salvageable. :thuimbsup

I see now what is causing some of the issues. The way they wear the chest armor in the movie is that they have it riding high up towards the neck. Seeing as you molded the chest armor, how would you feel about grinding off the one on the body do the mods to the length of the torso and then cast the chest armor back on, riding higher up towards the neck, like seen in the hero pictures I sent you. Here's an example of how the movie armor is worn compared to how you sculpted it on yours as well as some suggestions for fixes (unsure whether I scale the two images perfectly, but it was more to show how the real armor was worn):

kde001.jpg

yes the more i look at it the more i think its spot on at the end of the day its a 1:3 head and the body with the helmet is 64 cm he is perhaps a little tall so the waist may be too much and possible the legs but i dont think i will touch those as they are looking good :)
heres a proportion test
propor.jpg

QUOTE=Too Much Garlic;1666273]WOW... that last picture sells it, imo. Glad I pushed you for that larger size... but I was really saddened to hear I might have pushed you just a tad bit too far... but... it may be salvageable. :thuimbsup[/QUOTE]

yes i see what you mean i need to test the crappy mld i made its not very good but i will try it thanks for the image it helps

Yes, DO NOT touch the legs. Just cut a few mm (less than a centimeter, imo) off the middle of the torso, where you haven't done much work yet anyway.

Wait with doing any work on the chest armor yet. Start with cutting the abdomen first and see how that looks before doing anything else. Just noticed the two pictures are angled very differently, which also helps make things look different.

heres another comparison shot i used a trooper with a similar stance no screen accurate i dont think but it all seems to measure up reasonably well the helmet is almost spot on however the bucket in the real picture has a larger dome is this quite common as i know the 1:3 scale helmet is a scan off a screen used helmet?
i need a bigger cod piece too :)
3528202864_6709c52b91_b.jpg

Yes, DO NOT touch the legs. Just cut a few mm (less than a centimeter, imo) off the middle of the torso, where you haven't done much work yet anyway.

Wait with doing any work on the chest armor yet. Start with cutting the abdomen first and see how that looks before doing anything else. Just noticed the two pictures are angled very differently, which also helps make things look different.

I think the helmet on the worn costume sits further forward than the SFS on your sculpt.

Nice comparison, btw.

Btw: will be away until Monday. Looking forward to seeing your progress by then.

C.

The helmet looks great, I wouldnt attempt to do the helmet anyway when you have the real deal right there!! I am definatley interested in buying one of these if you are offering them!!!! It really looks good! The helmet sells it!!!

It would definitely be a great way to display Carstens helmet that a few of us got.

I do hope to do a small run of these but i will do an interest thread in the junkyard once he is finished and providing it looks k :)

also if ii do get it cast i can then convert one into a sandtrooper :)

Heres a shot with the body chopped down and a bit more work on chest this will be my last post for awhile as i am off on vacation :)
f005.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back