Kit of the USS Daedalus NCC-129?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my green screen set up and you'd think after all my years in the studios doing visual effects I would have lighted this better. Spill city. I am correcting it now that I've had a whole 8 hours of sleep.

Steve

IMG_7410.jpg

Steve,

your bussards... clear domes painted red i can see, but are your flashing LEDs also red? or are they white ?

thanks Steve!

BTW the word file wouldn't open. I got a corrupted file message.
I'll copy/paste your previous post with the contents and read it more carefully

I'll fix that on the next round of disc's. Sorry about that.

Here is a shot of the two girls side by side. A bit soft as I shot it hand held. I'll get some better shots later.

And here's that video of the ship in space. I shot this against green screen on my work table. Next time I going to make a track, get more green screen material and shoot in the garage so I can move the ship. I was very restricted.

Star Fields were done in Lightwave. Composites done in Digital Fusion. Edited in Adobe Premiere Pro.

IMG_7450.jpg

Looks like the video uploaded without sound so I'm loading it again and will post later.

Steve

Very nice indeed.....those are some mad skills you posses....You set the bar for me to shoot for.
Thanks for sharing as usual Steve.

For those of you with kits on order my resin order from Alumilite still has not arrived. Got some song and dance about it being a hazardous material and it has to be shipped by way of a oxcart and guide.

Sorry for the delay folks.

Steve

BTW. Who's building the first round and why haven't I seen a build thread yet? ;)

Oh ya and who is going to be the first to do a refit? ;) ;)

Steve

Steve,
funny you should ask...
doing some basic fitting and I ran into this. The way the parts want to go together, the centerlines of the nacelles are "pigeon-toed" (red lines) where I believe they want to be straight up and down (blue lines)

Should I enlarge the pockets on the nacelles so that i can twist them to the correct orientation or sand down the center ridge piece and put a new one in the proper place with a strip of half round?

Lou

Lou I think they are on backward. I never had that problem. The ridge is on the bottom and facing straight down. I might have marked them wrong. switch them and see if that doesn't help. There is an angle to the pylon grooves that angles up.

Steve

Lou those strips you see are added. I did that to cover up the seam since I was building two models at once and had a deadline. That's what confused you. There was no way they would be that off even with the biggest of warps. In two builds I never had that problem. Mystery solved.

Steve

Mystery continues..

here are the nacelles swapped. the port one is more in line but still a bit off while the starboard still needs a good twist to bring it in line.

so back to the original question. Would you recommend opening up the pocket in the nacelle or sanding down that strip and replacing it with new half round?

I checked the Drex rendering and stand corrected. that strip is on the bottom. However your intial build pics (before you started painting) show that strip going down the top side.

Hey Steve, the black lines on the front of the model was not on the decal sheet. Did you just mask them and paint them on or did you print up supplements or.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back