Game of Thrones

I would imagine that if he is there to film some GOT stuff that it would indeed be for a flashback or dream\vision type sequence. Some fans online were suggesting Drogo wight\white walker which is ridiculous considering his body was burned. Although I'd love to see him back for the final season in any form, part of me wonders if it isnt some bit of a joke on his part. He definitely likes to do that. It couldve just been wild coincidence that he ended up on a plane with Dan and then decided to have some drinks just for fun.

I just rewatched season 7 and I have a question: (and forgive me for misspelling characters' names, please) Wasn't the Loot Train going to be Ceirci's way of paying off the Iron Bank? Wasn't all that destroyed by the dragon? How is she now sending Huron off to buy another army?

Okay, if they sent the gold on ahead, that makes sense.

But as far as the melting thing, didn't Dani take control of all those soldiers? If the gold was there, there wouldn't have been anyone to take it on to King's Landing, would it, melted or otherwise?

The gold is already in King's Landing by the time of the attack.
Dany attacked the tail-end of the train, which was "just" food and provisions and stuff.
Stuff they'd need to survive the winter, or a possible siege by Dany's army.

Another thing I don't get about this show; Do these people have transporters or something? They seem to travel hundreds and even thousands of miles in the blink of an eye. Yet the only person who has flying capabilities takes seven seasons to reach her destination.

In the beginning they tried to be more accurate when it came to showing how long it takes to travel anywhere. Then, in season 7, because they're really trying to wrap this up, they stopped doing that. The attack on the Lannister column sort of makes sense, though because Daenerys' forces are coming from Dragonstone, which is located in Blackwater Bay and the attack took place at the mouth of the river which opens into that bay.

In the beginning they tried to be more accurate when it came to showing how long it takes to travel anywhere. Then, in season 7, because they're really trying to wrap this up, they stopped doing that. The attack on the Lannister column sort of makes sense, though because Daenerys' forces are coming from Dragonstone, which is located in Blackwater Bay and the attack took place at the mouth of the river which opens into that bay.

As I recall, they were in Blackwater Bay, but would have to sail south, around Dorne, and then back up a ways along the coast to get to the Reach where Highgarden is. The Blackwater doesn't run that far south or west. In other words, it'd be like getting an army from the coast of Norfolk down around the south coast of England, and then up to Cheltenham or thereabouts. (Westeros doesn't map out perfectly to England, but it's close-ish.)

And, of course, there are various travels northwards that appear to happen in the blink of an eye, Like Dany being able to get from Dragonstone up past the Wall to rescue Jon and his buddies after he "died" again. (Which, side note, I'm about sick of.)

Basically, around Season 7, travel began to move at the speed of plot, and Season 7 had a LOT of plot to cover.

As I recall, they were in Blackwater Bay, but would have to sail south, around Dorne, and then back up a ways along the coast to get to the Reach where Highgarden is. The Blackwater doesn't run that far south or west. In other words, it'd be like getting an army from the coast of Norfolk down around the south coast of England, and then up to Cheltenham or thereabouts. (Westeros doesn't map out perfectly to England, but it's close-ish.)

When Daenerys attacked the Lannister column they weren't in the Reach, though. They were on the banks of the Blackwater.

This map shows where it happened. The real shortcut the show used here was transporting all the Dothraki. Apparently Daenerys still had enough ships to do it.

704%u00252Bbattle.png

When Daenerys attacked the Lannister column they weren't in the Reach, though. They were on the banks of the Blackwater.

This map shows where it happened. The real shortcut the show used here was transporting all the Dothraki. Apparently Daenerys still had enough ships to do it.

View attachment 837067

Ah, then maybe they fast-forwarded the amount of time it took the baggage train to get from the Reach to King's Landing. The situation you're describing makes more sense from the Dany end, but still plays pretty loose with time from the Jaime end.

I'm cool with the fast forwarding of the time it takes to get to all these places. At least it makes sense why Bran has grown so much over the seasons. I'm not really sure how much time has supposed to have passed since the beginning of the show (hell, how does time pass in Westeros?), but as much travelling as these people do, it does make sense that it's been several years.

What doesn't make sense is someone running a distance that took people several days to traverse in a matter of a few short hours, getting help, and having said help come back in a tiny fraction amount of time that it took to get their originally. Ok, granted that it was Danearys on dragonback but still, Jon & co. were out there for days and Gendry was able to run all the way back to find Danaerys, after which she was able to fly back before Jon has time to say, "What the F is taking Gendry so long?". Not to mention that our heroes our battling for their lives at this time while massively outnumbered, out in the open but they were able to hold on long enough to be rescued. Talk about time compression.

What doesn't make sense is someone running a distance that took people several days to traverse in a matter of a few short hours, getting help, and having said help come back in a tiny fraction amount of time that it took to get their originally. Ok, granted that it was Danearys on dragonback but still, Jon & co. were out there for days and Gendry was able to run all the way back to find Danaerys, after which she was able to fly back before Jon has time to say, "What the F is taking Gendry so long?". Not to mention that our heroes our battling for their lives at this time while massively outnumbered, out in the open but they were able to hold on long enough to be rescued. Talk about time compression.

Yeah, I didn't remember all the details, but I remember thinking "Ok, this is just too much speed-of-plot convenience here." It felt really sloppy, actually. I love the show, but it definitely has its flaws.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back