Game of Thrones

I have a question about Bran.

He has the Night King's mark on him. Last season the Three Eyed Raven said that the magic that kept the Night King out of the cave was irrelevant now that the mark was on Bran.

Now Bran is at the wall, which IIRC has magic that helps keep the White Walkers away. So did Bran just compromise that too? And that plays into the Hounds vision of seeing an army of the dead at The Wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about Bran.

He has the Night King's mark on him. Last season the Three Eyed Raven said that the magic that kept the Night King out of the cave was irrelevant now that the mark was on Bran.

Now Bran is at the wall, which IIRC has magic that helps keep the White Walkers away. So did Bran just compromise that too? And that plays into the Hounds vision of seeing an army of the dead at The Wall.

That's one of the popular theories. Though in the last episode it sounds like the white walkers are heading to Eastwatch by the Sea which is where the wall ends where it meets the Sea. Possibly to around it by freezing the water?

That's one of the popular theories. Though in the last episode it sounds like the white walkers are heading to Eastwatch by the Sea which is where the wall ends where it meets the Sea. Possibly to around it by freezing the water?
Yeah, Sandor's vision in the fire was pretty specific about that. I agree.

Speaking of fire

according to Martin, Dondarrion is a "fire wight"

“Poor Beric Dondarrion, who was set up as the foreshadowing of [Jon’s storyline], every time he’s a little less Beric,” Martin said. “His memories are fading, he’s got all these scars, he’s becoming more and more physically hideous, because he’s not a living human being anymore. His heart isn’t beating, his blood isn’t flowing in his veins, he’s a wight, but a wight animated by fire instead of by ice, now we’re getting back to the whole fire and ice thing.”

That's in the books, though. The show doesn't seem to hold with how Lord Beric was described in the books. By this point in the story, according to the books, he's a lot closer to a walking corpse. You can tell he's not really alive whereas in the show he still seems pretty much human. Seeing as how he is playing more of an important part in the show story, I'm ok with that. The actor does a great job with what the character is given.

He has the coolest gif around
landscape-1498071762-beryc.gif

Yup. Tyrion. Euron even foreshadowes it when he mentions Tyrion to Cersei, though not by name.

That's where I'm plunking down my 25¢. Who's with me? :p

I'd bet heavily against Tyrion. Its going to be Ellaria and\or Theon and Yara. We probably won't know until episode 3 or 4 though.

You will need a split army to over take kings landing. One by land and another by sea to pinch and surround the target. Stannis would have possibly taken kings landing during the battle of blackwater if he could have slowed down house Lannister from riding in on the fun. He won the water even at a great lost of men n ships. But the force of an army pushing back broke the rest of his army. If he had a ok army pushing towards on land. They could have held up the Lannister army just enough for the navy to get inside the walls. Have them block off the road n gates on the land side. Boom house Stannis up in this place. But didn't happen.

With the iron islands protecting the sea and the Lannister army on the land. You have two major armies to deal with. She will need a great army on both sides to fight at the same time. Possibly split team dragons..2nd dragon rider? Each dragon can help on 1 side of the battle with the 3rd playing support by attack the city itself. Also note that the rough riders of the desert can't Likely swim and afraid of the water in a way. So they will need to be your land army with high garden support. As the sea battle will likely be the Doran and no dick's friends & family since those 2 have better grip on naval warfare I would believe.

At any rate it should be a fun 2-3 episode battle royal.

Speaking about Beric's flaming sword...doesn't Azor Ahai wield a flaming sword? If the Hound is with the Brothers without Banners, what if he take's Beric's sword and wields it, becoming Azor Ahai?

If I'm not mistaken when Sam was flipping thru the book he stole. There was a picture of a dagger looking blade. It seemed look like the one used to frame Tyrion by littlefinger. The catspaw dagger they called it. Just could be anything or just a Easter egg for fun.

I think the dagger may be making a reappearance of some significance this season or next. Lots of press photos of Arya from this season show her with the dagger.

I think the dagger may be making a reappearance of some significance this season or next. Lots of press photos of Arya from this season show her with the dagger.

I haven't seen much of the press photos due to trying not see much before hand. If it is making a reappearance on the show. Maybe it's used as a key to unlock a door to a storage room / vault where all the dragon glass is kept. Since most people kinda feel tyrion is the mad kings child. Maybe he gifted / left the dagger to him to unlock his true Id and rightful place among this family. Idk, but I like to guess for fun

I've been avoiding this thread as I am currently going back and viewing the entire series from the start. I figure at about one season per week I should be finishing up about the time this new season ends (it is only seven episodes, correct?) and then I will watch the entire season. Maybe next year I will do it again when the series actually ends.

But I have a question about the books and don't know where to ask it if not here. I have never read them and no nothing of them, so my question is this: Has George R.R. Martin finished writing the entire series? I was thinking a nice looking box set of the entire series in hardback form would be a great addition to my library. But I would want the entire series from beginning to end in one set of matching books. Is such available? How many books are there?

I've been avoiding this thread as I am currently going back and viewing the entire series from the start. I figure at about one season per week I should be finishing up about the time this new season ends (it is only seven episodes, correct?) and then I will watch the entire season. Maybe next year I will do it again when the series actually ends.

But I have a question about the books and don't know where to ask it if not here. I have never read them and no nothing of them, so my question is this: Has George R.R. Martin finished writing the entire series? I was thinking a nice looking box set of the entire series in hardback form would be a great addition to my library. But I would want the entire series from beginning to end in one set of matching books. Is such available? How many books are there?

No, all the books are not out yet. GRRM is notoriously slow when it comes to releasing the the books. Books 1-5 are available. There was talk of of Book 6 THE WINDS OF WINTER coming out this year, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen, and God only knows when the 7th and final book will come out.

Holy hell what an amazing episode! They really crammed a lot of stuff into there. Very well done, I thought.

Getting through all of this next week just to wait for next Sunday is not going to be fun.

Holy hell what an amazing episode! They really crammed a lot of stuff into there. Very well done, I thought.

Getting through all of this next week just to wait for next Sunday is not going to be fun.

We got a great battle scene and it's only the second episode!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back