Game of Thrones

Euron can sure take a bunch of hits in a fight and still not fall. Snakes fight was a poor let down. I was hoping for more out of their skills than that. Let's just whip a guy around the neck twice. Ok what now..bring him down and hog tie him to win the rodeo. Reek was a total let down as well. I thought he would atleast fight for his sister. I'll take stab in the dark and say Bronn saves the dagger snake hottie.

The lone wolf can come back bigger and badder to lead its own pack.
Theon succumbed to PTSD -- if you watch carefully, he freaks out because he sees Euron's men taking ears and tongues as trophies.

Like, schaedenfreude doesn't have a direct, single-word translation; it means "joy in other people's sorrow" although the literal translation is, I believe "shadowy joy" or something like that.

Schadenfreude literally means "damage-joy".

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Theon succumbed to PTSD -- if you watch carefully, he freaks out because he sees Euron's men taking ears and tongues as trophies.

Yeah, but it's still a bummer. He could also jumped ship to be able to get back to warn the others of death and destroyed ship/ army.

talking to my buddy and he asked if Euron was gonna kick the bucket in the next 3 hours. Since the sand snake girls all have poison weapons. So you know he took atleast 2 whip hits and 1 spear tip hit. So in that sense his ass should be going to Davey jones locker. If not more bad writing and missed details.

the red woman sure did get to that island fast. What kinda shocked me is other red woman that saved their hides in the desert wasn't there. You would think she would have been there too. So they would already that base covered. But she had to be there to say Jon snow is of your blood line.

About the poison, aside from Oberyn have we ever explicitly seen other weapons being poisoned by the Sand Snakes? It seems like a big jump to assume they had constantly posioned weapons and that Euron is going to die from that fight.

About the poison, aside from Oberyn have we ever explicitly seen other weapons being poisoned by the Sand Snakes? It seems like a big jump to assume they had constantly posioned weapons and that Euron is going to die from that fight.

Yes, Bronn was poisoned during his fight vs the snakes. They also spoke about all the snakes of having vast knowledge and using it on their weapons. Euron isn't going to die from poison, that would be too simple and would of happened by now. He will get something real special since the actor and D&D claim he make Ramsey look like a rookie basically. He will be in a fight with another big character that will kill him,

In the context of the show only Tyene is known to use poison on her blades, and she did not cut Euron

Other than that, there is nothing I remember from either the books or the show that specifically shows them using poison on weapons

So no, I doubt we will see Euron succumb to poison

Last edited:
Yes, Bronn was poisoned during his fight vs the snakes. They also spoke about all the snakes of having vast knowledge and using it on their weapons. Euron isn't going to die from poison, that would be too simple and would of happened by now. He will get something real special since the actor and D&D claim he make Ramsey look like a rookie basically. He will be in a fight with another big character that will kill him,

Please. Ramsay makes Euron look like my nephew playing pirate at 4 years old. If they wanted to top Ramsay with this guy they should have A) cast someone better and B) brought him in sooner.

Since show Euron seems to be a mix of book Euron and Victarion, maybe he will develop an issue similar to the infection in his arm Victarion gets? I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. I really liked his storyline in the books. Maybe they'll pick up a red priest too....yea, now I'm wishing for too much.

Since show Euron seems to be a mix of book Euron and Victarion, maybe he will develop an issue similar to the infection in his arm Victarion gets? I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. I really liked his storyline in the books. Maybe they'll pick up a red priest too....yea, now I'm wishing for too much.

They won't. It's too much to take on, and the amount of time they'd have to focus on him wouldn't pay off.

For better or worse, the show invested a lot of energy into several characters who all got blowed up real good last season, and hardly any effort into characters whose most defining feature is their specialty weapons. I was fine seeing them die. I think they were pointless characters. They may be more important in the book, but I expect they won't really factor a ton into the overall narrative, and that's why they were treated the way they were on the show.

And Martin should write faster. If we had a book 6, then it'd be a lot clearer where all of this stuff is going and the guys running the show wouldn't have to just say "Hey! Look! New characters who are...uh....ok, actually not at all important. Never mind."

Pretty much every character introduced from Season 4 on, with the exception of the Faceless Men and the High Sparrow, has been a pretty pointless character. The entire Dornish subplot looks like it barely merits a footnote.

In the context of the show only Tyene is known to use poison on her blades, and she did not cut Euron

Other than that, there is nothing I remember from either the books or the show that specifically shows them using poison on weapons

So no, I doubt we will see Euron succumb to poison

they all do it. Prince Oberyn coated his spear in 'manticore venom' during the fight with the Mountain. this is why he danced around like an elf trying to get a confession out of him.. but the Mountain's Mutant Healing Factor overcame the venom.

(it was revealed via cersei-dialog ,after the fact, in a blink-or-you-missed-it scene -- she was discussing the results of Tyrion's trial by fire -- the point being, the trial was moot because Oberyn cheated).

manticore venom is something the Dornish are infamous for. it would be an oversight on the writers' part, if they didn't use this as a plot-point (re: Euron)

Please. Ramsay makes Euron look like my nephew playing pirate at 4 years old. If they wanted to top Ramsay with this guy they should have A) cast someone better and B) brought him in sooner.

Huh. I think the guy playing Euron is doing a fantastic job. One of my favorite characters now.

Yes I know Oberyn used it on occasion in duels and used it on the Mountain (it's why he wound up in the state he is in)

Tyene has been shown to as well, but that doesn't mean all the Sand Snakes always have their weapons coated with it all the time everywhere they go

20369476_1423454867707521_6919866454866919330_o.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back