Game of Thrones

If you folks think all the major good guys on the show will survive, and all the major bad guys will die, you're not thinking with your heads.

The Wook
That's not the assumption the article makes. It actually puts together a pretty good argument, which has nothing to do with wishful thinking. If you're going to take issue with it, fine -- but don't imply that people here aren't thinking just because they disagree with you.

That's not the assumption the article makes. It actually puts together a pretty good argument, which has nothing to do with wishful thinking. If you're going to take issue with it, fine -- but don't imply that people here aren't thinking just because they disagree with you.

My comment was not specifically about the article, or else I would've said so or quoted the link to it. Mine was a general observation, that there is a fair amount of wishful thinking going on in this thread. Which is fine, we all have characters we root for. I was just throwing a caution out there, that a lot of good guys are gonna die by the hands or machinations of characters you hate. So be prepared. It's coming.

The Wook

I've already stated multiple times that this story is not going to have a happy ending. However, I would bet heavily against any of the main "good guys" dying until the war against the Night King begins. We'll definitely see some deaths next week in Jon's party. I'm guessing Dondarrion, Thoros, and Jorah. Probably Gendry, too. But I seriously doubt any of the Starks will die before season 8.

I agree with all the starks living until next season. I doubt Jorah is gonna die on this trip. They spent too much time on him to die this fast after grey scale. He will meet up with Lyanna on bear island for a few before heading back to lead an army. In which he will restore his honor by sacrificing his life to save his Queen from certain death.

If Jorah meets up with Lyanna, it might not go so well for him. He was exiled and really doesn't belong in the North or even Westeros. Also, she doesn't know him, so there'd be no sentiment towards him to keep him around. Likely all she knows of him was that he brought shame and disgrace to their house and also squandered what meager fortune they had on a Southron wife. No real reason for her to welcome him home. No, if Jorah survives, he's better off staying as close to Daenerys as possible.

My prediction:

Jaime is the valonquar in Maggie The Frog's prophecy. He will be the one to choke the life out of Cersei.

Why?

History repeating itself.

Jaime killed the Mad King to prevent him from blowing King's Landing all the way to Essos with wildfire when Robert's Rebellion was at the door. The caches are still down there, and Cersei has proven herself more than willing to do whatever it takes, including using wildfire, not to ensure that she remained in power, but to ensure that nobody else would be able or willing to challenge the Lannisters. So my thought is that when things become dire and it looks as if defeat is imminent, Cersei would be thinking to herself "King's Landing cannot be taken if there is no King's Landing to take..." and would be willing to finish what he Mad King started. Jaime, finally seeing what a monster she is, will choke her to death to prevent her screaming. Then he will either off himself, or The Mountain will do it for him.

LF doesn't have to die for Arya to win. She could expose him and he slinks off yet again. It's not a binary out come where one must dies and one must live to have resolution.

With anyone else, I'd agree. But Arya isn't really a "let it go" type. His coming to Jon's aid in the BotB might save him, but Sansa or Jon would have make a pretty eloquent case for his survival.

My comment was not specifically about the article, or else I would've said so or quoted the link to it. Mine was a general observation, that there is a fair amount of wishful thinking going on in this thread. Which is fine, we all have characters we root for. I was just throwing a caution out there, that a lot of good guys are gonna die by the hands or machinations of characters you hate. So be prepared. It's coming.

The Wook

While certainly we will lose more characters we love (Hell.. even some people love Littlefinger, I expect) in the case of Arya Stark--which was the recent subject-- I remain firm. She *will* triumph.

I guess we won't know till we know, but my Braavosi coin is on her.

While certainly we will lose more characters we love (Hell.. even some people love Littlefinger, I expect) in the case of Arya Stark--which was the recent subject-- I remain firm. She *will* triumph.

I guess we won't know till we know, but my Braavosi coin is on her.

And even more to the point Arya is a hero in the story but has a lot of darkness within her. She's not like Jon who is by far the most righteous main character in the show. She is very damaged.

Dammit... I just watched an episode 6 spoiler.
Not gonna link it, just gonna say: Hold on to your butts. **** gets real.

edit: Just watched another one. Bring tissues...

Last edited:
Why would Arya be on their list? She repaid the life she owed - with the waif's.

She is running around Westeros acting like a faceless man for her own ends. They may not like the exposure she is giving them?

Not saying that would happen, just that if anyone takes her out, it would have to be someone trained like her

Dammit... I just watched an episode 6 spoiler.
Not gonna link it, just gonna say: Hold on to your butts. **** gets real.

edit: Just watched another one. Bring tissues...

I am going to be away on vacation, leaving Saturday. it is going to be really hard waiting a whole week to find out what happens. Not sure if I can do it

I am going to be away on vacation, leaving Saturday. it is going to be really hard waiting a whole week to find out what happens. Not sure if I can do it

The spoiler vids are getting blocked almost as quickly as they're being posted, so if you're interested in watching them, you better act fast.

She is running around Westeros acting like a faceless man for her own ends. They may not like the exposure she is giving them?

Not saying that would happen, just that if anyone takes her out, it would have to be someone trained like her

The spoiler vids are getting blocked almost as quickly as they're being posted, so if you're interested in watching them, you better act fast.

The entire episode was leaked by HBO Spain and Sweden. You could probably find it in all the usual places, though for the sake of legality, I would not recommend it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back