Game of Thrones

It's not quite as bad as you make it, bad but not that bad. If you look closer at the scene where Bronn is dragging Jaime out of the water you can see smoke behind them (presumably from the barbecued Lannisters) and no bodies or wrecked carts in front of them, this suggests to me that somehow Bronn dragged an armored Jaime from one side of the lake clear to the other. Also, don't forget that where Jaime was ambushed at seemed to be relatively close to King's Landing, probably a day to two on foot would be my guess, close enough for the gold wagons to reach King's Landing before Jamie and his troops and get word back that they made it ok. This suggests that King's Landing isn't that far off, since it would be kind or risky to send off an unguarded or lightly guarded wagon train full of gold that far ahead of your main forces, although, granted, that far south they're probably well inside friendly territory.

My point was, he made it back quickly. The dead have been marching for SEASONS.

I dont think its accurate to say the dead have been marching straight towards the wall for seasons. There have definitely been detours along the way. It wasnt a straight course. One thing the show may not be so successful at is giving the viewer a sense of where things take place if you're not already familiar with the geography. For instance, last week's battle took place on a river bank not far south from King's Landing. And the times we've seen the army of the dead (Fist of the First Men, Hardhome, Three Eyed Raven's cave) have been all over the map. The area north of the Wall is huge. These places are leagues and leagues apart.

I think the body of water Jamie fell into was a river, at least Bronn references it as a river.. so I assumed they flowed downstream by the currant, and that is why they make land away from the battle scene.

I was really hoping that when Jorah met Jon, that he would notice that Jon had his father's (Jeor Mormont's) sword Longclaw, and at least make a comment about it.

This is another epic episode, but it really is starting to feel quite abbreviated at this point. It makes it so clear that this show could easily be compelling for another 3 or 4 seasons if they could flesh all those missing and presumed moments in this season.

Jon is first in line (Before Dany) because he's the rightful male heir to the Mad King's rightful heir. Dany is thirdborn only to the mad king. Direct succession of male heirs dictates that it's Jon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Good point -- primogeniture. So if primogeniture is the law, then Jon's it. If not, it's Dany. I suspect, Westeros traditionally being a patriarchy, that it is.

I really hope mistrust of Littlefinger prevails between Sansa and Arya, rather than immediately reverting to their old relationship.

I loved Bronn's strategic analysis -- "You're ****ed." That's about right. :p

Good point -- primogeniture. So if primogeniture is the law, then Jon's it. If not, it's Dany. I suspect, Westeros traditionally being a patriarchy, that it is.

It absolutely is. That's what caused the Dance of Dragons. King Viserys I had only one child (Rhaenyra) who lived to adulthood by his first wife. After his first wife died he named Rhaenyra as his heir, assuming he would never have a male heir to assume the throne. He lated remarried and had additional children, the first of which was Aegon II. When Viserys died war broke out regarding who was the rightful heir, as prior to this a male had always come before a female in the line of succession.

When Bran shows up at Winterfell Sansa immediately tells him he's Lord of Winterfell because it's a primogeniture system. Dorne is notably not primogeniture (which actually matters in the books).

You'd think Dany would ride her Dragon over Kings Landing (out of Scorpion range) simply for intimidation. Just like those previews that showed a Dragons shadow over KL.

You could probably scare the populace of KL into rioting or to overthrow the Lanisters.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm betting we won't see much from other storylines in the 2 episodes that are left for this season. I'm sure there will be a little bit of Theon, Euron, and the Unsullied, but yeah I wouldn't expect much.

yeah, I believe most of next week's running time will be devoted to Jon's excursion beyond the wall

if previous season's patterns are to be followed, this will be the "penultimate" one with the episode after doing clean up and setting up the cliffhangers for next season

Here's what was in the next to last episode's each season

Season 1 was Ned's fate
Season 2 was Blackwater
Season 3 the Red Wedding
Season 4 the battle for the wall
Season 5 dance with dragons (although I might argue episode 8 (Hardhome) that season kind of felt more like the 9th episode)
Season 6 Battle of the Bastards

Last edited:
I just read all these post and I'm disappointed in you all...no fellowship of the " " Joke on the group going pass the wall.

The queen isn't preggo. She needs to keep Jamie on her side. By being desperate as she is, this is fastest way to do it. Plus it wasn't fortold by the prophet/witch. 3 kids only...sorry no rain checks. This will be the reason Jamie wrap his one good hand around her neck and squeeze. Homeboy gonna give up everything in life to try and protect her..yet when he finds out she isn't. He'll have a nervous break down and kill her.

IMG_2579.jpg

Last edited:
I just read all these post and I'm disappointed in you all...no fellowship of the " " Joke on the group going pass the wall.

The queen isn't preggo. She needs to keep Jamie on her side. By being desperate as she is, this is fastest way to do it. Plus it wasn't fortold by the prophet/witch. 3 kids only...sorry no rain checks. This will be the reason Jamie wrap his one good hand around her neck and squeeze. Homeboy gonna give up everything in life to try and protect her..yet when he finds out she isn't. He'll have a nervous break down and kill her.
She could still miscarry. But yeah, she could be lying. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like the lying theory. So does my wife, and she has good instincts.

Last edited:
Read a theory online that what if The Hound got turned into a wight and it was him that Jon brought back to prove to Cersei, Dany and everyone else that the White Walkers are real and coming. You know, just drop him off right in front of The Mountain, who is basically a zombie.

Undead Clegane Bowl.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if their wight was one of the party. I also wonder if Thoros or Melisandre could revive a wight.

From a certain point of view Beric and Jon are Fire Wights.

I'm curious if Mel could even resurrect someone again. It's treated rather casually with Thoros, but a big deal was made of it with Mel. Could be because Jon's a main character, could be that that was a one-off for her.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back