Game of Thrones

Oh yeah, I definitely thought the acting and writing were all very well done and captured the characters quite nicely. I'm also curious to see where they end the first season. It seems to me that there's a certain natural point where they could "split" the first book and end the season, but I have a sense they won't do that.

My brother was non stop about the book so we watched the 1st episode together, and I liked it. It is a very compelling story and I am excited to see how things unfold. I guess we're not supposed to get attached to any characters. My only criticism (and it's very shallow) is that Lena Headey is the only attractive female cast member. I know shallow.

Here's one more wallpaper, with the motto. And going ahead and just attaching all three instead of linking out to another site.

Is anyone interested in any of the other houses?

So when does Sean Bean die?

He always dies in films. I've only seen two that I recall where he didn't!! :D

Ronin Surprisingly is one of them. I thought for sure that when they caught him as BSing his way in, he was dead meat. Let's see...Percy Jackson, he was Zeus, so safe there. Troy - Odysseus (hmmm Being Greek seems to guarantee he lives), So there's 3.

Yes, he will die, he did in the book

I finally watched my Sky+ of it and really enjoyed it, as others have said...interesting characters and compelling story...make me want more! Least I only have until tomorrow to wait now!

I've only read the first book in the series, but here's my advice:

Don't get too attached to ANYONE or ANYTHING. Nobody is safe.

As a postulate to that, never get too attached to a heroic character staying heroic, or a villainous character staying villainous. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Enjoyed tonights episode. The wolves are rather protective of there owners. Does this play into the plot at all? I haven't read the books.

I really am enjoying the set design. Very detailed and doesn't come off as small and cheap.

Enjoyed tonights episode. The wolves are rather protective of there owners. Does this play into the plot at all? I haven't read the books.

I really am enjoying the set design. Very detailed and doesn't come off as small and cheap.

Yes, the direwolves play very significant roles in the books. You should definitely read them when you can.

And I completely agree on the visuals. The matte painting is incredible, and really takes you there. Damien Mace (Damien Macé - IMDb) was the lead painter; he's worked on some other really great projects.

His blog seems to be updated infrequently but it has some before and after shots from Sherlock Holmes, Prince of Persia, Watchmen, and others: Damien Mace

This is unrelated to Game of Thrones specifically, but it shows the extent of the digital work done even on weekly tv shows these days. This kind of tech has made period pieces and shots requiring epic/fantasy vistas so much more convincing. It's amazing how much of what you see on the screen (small or big) anymore was never there.

All of Stargate Studios videos
Stargate Studios's videos on Vimeo

A cool before and after scene viewer
Stargate Studios

Really loved the dire wolves! They were kicking some butt tonight! Man.. two episodes in, and I'm already sooo invested in this. I've GOT to read the books now.
All I can say, is that I really hope the queen, and her bed-mate, and her little jerk of a son all find a reaalllyyy satisfying death at some point.

Loved part 2 also! Dayyy-um!:lol I know of several folks who've picked up the books to read & I think I'm going to join them..:thumbsup

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back