Game of Thrones

Overall.. I think I was expecting more (knowing there is only 6-7 episodes and next year is last season with only 6-7 episodes as well)..

but still a good episode! (glad its back!)

I liked seeing everyone we saw, but they didn't really do very much. Wish there had been some more in universe time between this and Season 6. Sam's montage was pretty bad for me, and Ed Sherman was a little gratuitous as far as cameos go

I thought it was a wonderful season set-up!

I loved the Arya/Frey retribution, but more importantly, she showed she is better than just vengence by seeing the good in the Lannister soldiers. The Hound really amazed me with his coming (literally) face-to-face with fire, his greatest fear, but in doing so, seeing the vision of the White Walkers. Very cool that he's gaining some sensitivity by burying those poor people that he essentially killed also.

Samwell's drudgery at The Citadel was a wonderfully humorous bit...showing his starting at the bottom with the worst jobs and being thwarted from what he went there for...to help Jon get answers to stop the White Walkers. I just LOVE Sam! It really shocked me that it also brought him to Jorah Mormont.

The Jon and Sansa relationship was very interesting...typical brother-sister stuff, but each is really helping the other, without doubt.

Cercei's a hollow shell right now...and she's just met Euron, a vital, ambitious bloodthirsty wretch who will stop at nothing to gain her alliance. The gift he is seeking for her is probably Tyrion.....I shudder at the thought.

Dany finally reaching the shores of Dragonstone sent shivers down my spine. She's all ready to set the plan in motion.....I can hardly wait! A big WOW!

Was Euron the same actor from last season? I can't recall, but how was The Hound responsible for those deaths in the house?

Cercei's a hollow shell right now...and she's just met Euron, a vital, ambitious bloodthirsty wretch who will stop at nothing to gain her alliance. The gift he is seeking for her is probably Tyrion.....I shudder at the thought.

I think he's going after the horn; Dragon Binder I think it's called.

I think that's the place where the farmer told him he had a bit of silver hidden away and he took it. It's what made Arya start to hate him again.

Yep. I think he stole their food, too.

I think Euron stole the show last night. His character is awesome.

But now that Dany is in Westeros, how important is a naval fleet? She brought everything she needed except the Second Sons. So what if the Iron Fleet occupies takes over all the ports and harbors. It's not like there are other land masses to trade with.

I think Euron stole the show last night. His character is awesome.

But now that Dany is in Westeros, how important is a naval fleet? She brought everything she needed except the Second Sons. So what if the Iron Fleet occupies takes over all the ports and harbors. It's not like there are other land masses to trade with.

A fleet is essential. Dany still needs to move troops to the mainland of Westeros, for one thing. But there's also the issue of where she'll land. Does she link up with the Dornish and/or Tyrells? Does she hit the Stormlands where Stannis was based, and push up from the south? Does she work her way inland towards Kings Landing starting at Crab Key? Does she sail all the way to the Westerlands and attack Casterly Rock to draw off Lannister forces? Or does she just go straight for the jugular and hit Kings Landing? Or does she split her forces? There's also the issue that, if the Iron Fleet hits Dragonstone, it could effectively bottle her up on an island that is, essentially, incapable of feeding the army she has housed there. That would lead to starvation and desertion, and would end her invasion before it happens. Essentially, if Euron lays a naval siege on Dragonstone, she's screwed. Of course, Dany's ace in the hole is what the Targaeryans have always had: dragons. Air support. Nobody can touch them currently, and they can lay waste to a fleet in minutes. Euron needs to find some way to neutralize or kill her Dragons if he's to stand a chance.

Point of etiquette here. Are we required to keep spoiler tags on posts after the episode has aired in this thread? It's always been a spoiler haven, kinda like the Doctor Who threads.

Game-Of-Thrones-HiRes-Map.jpg

As far as I can tell, Euron is screwed. I'm sure he has some devious plan. If Dany was smart, which she isn't totally, she would just send her dragons to do all the legwork or wingwork, whatever...She has the sea blocked off basically.

Based on that map, both fleets are remarkably close to each other right now. I'm not sure how they could have avoided each other.

At the very least a strong fleet of ships is good for purposes of blockades and such. Cut King's Landing off from the sea and they have one less way to receive supplies and any possible reinforcements. It also cuts off a means of escape. Also, if the ships have the correct armament, they can also attack KL from the sea with less risk to your manpower. Lastly, it also gives you another way to land forces on the ground, which Dany is absolutely going to need seeing as how she is marshalling her forces on an island. So, in order for Cersei to defend against all that, she also needs a strong navy. And of course the reverse goes for Dany's forces at Dragonstone.

However I don't think Euron's plan will be to go straight after Dany. I think he'll start by attacking her navy, especially since his niece and nephew are people he'd like to do away with. Also, the S7 trailer kind of gave this plot point away.

I love how characters change and evolve as the story unfolds. People you initially despise who have become fan favorites as they redeem themselves

The Hound and Jamie for example.

And Sam's scene had me ready to start gagging :lol

Also, no more traveling across the narrow sea in the opening, and Old Town added to it!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back