Game of Thrones

bvgZhQv.jpg

I find it mildly amusing that people are so incensed about Ramsay. Honestly... they've toned him down a bit from what he is in the book.

I think the show's been pretty close to the book version of him. The show actually has depicted him doing more (by virtue of the narrative progressing past Book 5), but yeah, still pretty much the same guy by my assessment.

Like they say in Texas, he needs killin'.

Please take this as Tongue in cheek - I Don't think people have been this happy about a Resurrection since ******. Literally hundreds of Reactions on Youtube spanning all Ages and races. If I were Kit Harrington my Ego would need trimming.

I think everyone knew it was going to happen, and I think they handled it in the best way possible. Ignoring it in the first episode and then sorting it out quickly and without much fanfare in the second.

What i'm curious about now is wether they're gonna go all Highlander on him over his rise from the dead while Davos ushers him away from Castle Black, or if they're gonna get all worship-y over him. I seem to recall a bit of dialog from one of the pre-season trailers where the wildlings were discussing how "Jon Snow is no longer the one to lead them" or some such, which implies to me that he leaves Castle Black at some point, willfully or otherwise.

Jon Snow is not the one to lead them...because Jon Snow is dead.

That guy who woke up? Not Jon Snow.

I have a feeling that this weekend we're gonna get at the very least a stroooooong hint as to who the guy who woke up really is.

Namely, that he's Jon Targaryen because Rhaegar secretly wed Lyanna Stark, making Jon the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne. At the very least, he's a ******* Targaryen, and should properly be known as Jon Waters, given that that's the surname for noble bastards from the Crownlands.

As to whether he is also Azor Ahai, eh, that remains to be seen. But Jon Targaryen? Yeah, I'm pretty much sold on that notion. I could be wrong. I hope I'm not.

Jon Snow is not the one to lead them...because Jon Snow is dead.

That guy who woke up? Not Jon Snow.

I have a feeling that this weekend we're gonna get at the very least a stroooooong hint as to who the guy who woke up really is.

Namely, that he's Jon Targaryen because Rhaegar secretly wed Lyanna Stark, making Jon the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne. At the very least, he's a ******* Targaryen, and should properly be known as Jon Waters, given that that's the surname for noble bastards from the Crownlands.

As to whether he is also Azor Ahai, eh, that remains to be seen. But Jon Targaryen? Yeah, I'm pretty much sold on that notion. I could be wrong. I hope I'm not.

I'm on board with this but there's a slight problem: Rhaegar was already married to Elia Martel, so unless he somehow convinced the church to annul his marriage so he could secretly wed Lyanna, John is technically still a *******.

I'm on board with this but there's a slight problem: Rhaegar was already married to Elia Martel, so unless he somehow convinced the church to annul his marriage so he could secretly wed Lyanna, John is technically still a *******.

Wouldn't be the first Targaryen to have multiple wives. The Targs got away with incestuous marriage, Rhegar could get away with a spot of bigamy.

Wouldn't be the first Targaryen to have multiple wives. The Targs got away with incestuous marriage, Rhegar could get away with a spot of bigamy.

That's what I've prescribed to: that Rhaegar was intending to bring back the three heads of the dragon with himself and two wives. While I'm not sure if Elia knew or was even OK with it, but I too believe Rhaegar and Lyanna got married. I'm wondering how Dang will react when she finds out she's not the last dragon....I think she will not take it well. If I've learned anything from this series, there's no such thing as "happily ever after". I don't see her welcoming her nephew with open arms.

That's what I've prescribed to: that Rhaegar was intending to bring back the three heads of the dragon with himself and two wives. While I'm not sure if Elia knew or was even OK with it, but I too believe Rhaegar and Lyanna got married. I'm wondering how Dang will react when she finds out she's not the last dragon....I think she will not take it well. If I've learned anything from this series, there's no such thing as "happily ever after". I don't see her welcoming her nephew with open arms.

She'll have to cross the Narrow Sea first. I'd not be surprised it it's halfway through the last season before she does.

A bit off topic and pretty much unrelated, but I didn't want to potentially spoil things:

I'm suddenly imagining the final scene from The Last Dragon, but with a GoT twist.

Alliser Thorne: WHO'S THE LORD COMMANDER?!?!

*dunks Jon Snow's head underwater*

Thorne: I SAID WHO'S THE LORD COMMANDER?!?!

*Jon Snow has a flashback to his conversation with Ned*

Ned: It's a great honor serving in the Night's Watch. The Starks have manned the walls for thousands of years, and you are a Stark. You may not have my name, but you have my blood.

*Snow flashes to a conversation with Ygritte*

Ygritte: You know nothing, Jon Snow.

*Thorne pulls Snow out of the water*

Thorne: All right, Snow. Who is the one and only Lord Commander?

Snow: I am.

*Thorne screams in rage, pulls a knife, and tries to kill Snow, but Snow stops his arm mid-thrust*

Snow: I. AM.

*Jon Snow proceeds to beat the ever loving snot out of Thorne*

I'm sorry. I know it doesn't make much sense, but it did when I thought of it.

How many more books are there supposed to be after the one he's working on now? Just curious...

7 in total I think. I'm starting to lose faith in him finishing the books. He's really dragging his feet and putting too much effort into side projects. I have the feeling book fans may end up disappointed like fans of JRR Tolkien and Frank Herbert. GRRM looks like he's only a slice of pizza away from a heart attack.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back