Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member The Mad Professor's Avatar
    From
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    5 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 1:32 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3276

PotionMistress said: View Post

It's a fun theory but the quote from Maggy the Frog says: "... And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."
    Ghost doesn't have hands.
    Like I said, it's a stretch...

However, visions rarely state things as they truly are, tending to go more on mysterious ambiguity and double meanings.
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    5 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 3:18 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3277

I think Euron's gift may be taking the Reach or possibly Dorne

The Reach includes Highgarden and Old Town (I think in ADWD the Iron Borne are raiding Old Town)

Jamie mentioned to Cersei that they need the Reach in order to be able to supply their army and I am sure Euron can deduce the same thing

On the other hand taking Dorne would also remove that threat as well as getting justice for Myrcella and could prove an easier target

I don't think it will be Tyrion's head. It wouldn't make much sense
    If he is going to bother taking on Dany's forces just to get to her hand Tyrion, he might as well try outright eliminating Dany instead. That would be the much better gift

The other option of course is the dragon binding horn which could make taking out Dany possible

One other possibility, although kind of far-fetched, is giving her Gendry, the last of Robert Baratheon's legitimate heirs, Maybe Gendry rowed into Euron's fleet and Euron found out who he was?

Looking at the episode descriptions in the guide, part of episode 3's description is
    "...Cersei returns a gift..." if that is Euron's gift, and it is Gendry, she might not have thought it such a useful gift
  3. Hodor RPF Premium Member KhalDrogo's Avatar
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    4 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 3:48 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3278

The more I think about it, I think it will be Ellaria Sand. She's the one directly responsible for Myrcella's death and there were 2 glimpses of Ellaria in the preview for next week's show. Once at Dragonstone and one with Yara. Its possible she set sails with Yara since they seem to be so cozy with each other and thats when Euron captures them.
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    4 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 4:00 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3279

^^It also takes care of something Euron wants as well. He gets Yara, Cersei gets Ellaria

He probably figured since they aligned themselves with Dany they are either going to the Reach or Dorne
    4 Days Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 9:56 AM - Re: Game of Thrones #3280

blakeh1 said: View Post
    I think Euron's gift may be taking the Reach or possibly Dorne

The Reach includes Highgarden and Old Town (I think in ADWD the Iron Borne are raiding Old Town)

Jamie mentioned to Cersei that they need the Reach in order to be able to supply their army and I am sure Euron can deduce the same thing

On the other hand taking Dorne would also remove that threat as well as getting justice for Myrcella and could prove an easier target

I don't think it will be Tyrion's head. It wouldn't make much sense
    If he is going to bother taking on Dany's forces just to get to her hand Tyrion, he might as well try outright eliminating Dany instead. That would be the much better gift

The other option of course is the dragon binding horn which could make taking out Dany possible

One other possibility, although kind of far-fetched, is giving her Gendry, the last of Robert Baratheon's legitimate heirs, Maybe Gendry rowed into Euron's fleet and Euron found out who he was?

Looking at the episode descriptions in the guide, part of episode 3's description is
    "...Cersei returns a gift..." if that is Euron's gift, and it is Gendry, she might not have thought it such a useful gift
    The Reach would make sense strategically. It'd pull Highgarden away from the Crownlands and force it to defend itself. Plus, although the Ironborn ships shown on the show are deeper hulled vessels, they may have more shallow boats capable of navigating rivers. The Reach has a ton of rivers that would let you raid pretty far inland (this is how the Vikings managed to sack Paris).

KhalDrogo said: View Post
    The more I think about it, I think it will be Ellaria Sand. She's the one directly responsible for Myrcella's death and there were 2 glimpses of Ellaria in the preview for next week's show. Once at Dragonstone and one with Yara. Its possible she set sails with Yara since they seem to be so cozy with each other and thats when Euron captures them.
    That'd make sense, too.
  6. RPF Premium Member Celtic007's Avatar
    3 Days Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 11:05 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3281

I have a question about Bran.

He has the Night King's mark on him. Last season the Three Eyed Raven said that the magic that kept the Night King out of the cave was irrelevant now that the mark was on Bran.

Now Bran is at the wall, which IIRC has magic that helps keep the White Walkers away. So did Bran just compromise that too? And that plays into the Hounds vision of seeing an army of the dead at The Wall.
    3 Days Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 11:25 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3282

Celtic007 said: View Post
    I have a question about Bran.

He has the Night King's mark on him. Last season the Three Eyed Raven said that the magic that kept the Night King out of the cave was irrelevant now that the mark was on Bran.

Now Bran is at the wall, which IIRC has magic that helps keep the White Walkers away. So did Bran just compromise that too? And that plays into the Hounds vision of seeing an army of the dead at The Wall.
    That's one of the popular theories. Though in the last episode it sounds like the white walkers are heading to Eastwatch by the Sea which is where the wall ends where it meets the Sea. Possibly to around it by freezing the water?
  8. Very Dull Infected Person RPF Premium Member asalaw's Avatar
    From
    DC Metro Area
    1 Day Ago  Jul 21, 2017, 5:24 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3283

Lord Boron said: View Post
    That's one of the popular theories. Though in the last episode it sounds like the white walkers are heading to Eastwatch by the Sea which is where the wall ends where it meets the Sea. Possibly to around it by freezing the water?
    Yeah, Sandor's vision in the fire was pretty specific about that. I agree.
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    1 Day Ago  Jul 21, 2017, 6:10 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3284

Speaking of fire

according to Martin, Dondarrion is a "fire wight"

“Poor BericDondarrion, who was set up as the foreshadowing of [Jon’s storyline], every time he’s a little less Beric,” Martin said. “His memories are fading, he’s got all these scars, he’s becoming more and more physically hideous, because he’s not a living human being anymore. His heart isn’t beating, his blood isn’t flowing in his veins, he’s a wight, but a wight animated by fire instead of by ice, now we’re getting back to the whole fire and ice thing.”
  10. Hodor RPF Premium Member KhalDrogo's Avatar
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    1 Day Ago  Jul 21, 2017, 6:47 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3285

That's in the books, though. The show doesn't seem to hold with how Lord Beric was described in the books. By this point in the story, according to the books, he's a lot closer to a walking corpse. You can tell he's not really alive whereas in the show he still seems pretty much human. Seeing as how he is playing more of an important part in the show story, I'm ok with that. The actor does a great job with what the character is given.
  11. RPF Premium Member Celtic007's Avatar
    1 Day Ago  Jul 21, 2017, 8:11 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3286

He has the coolest gif around
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    1 Day Ago  Jul 22, 2017, 6:10 AM - Re: Game of Thrones #3287

PotionMistress said: View Post
    Cercei's a hollow shell right now...and she's just met Euron, a vital, ambitious bloodthirsty wretch who will stop at nothing to gain her alliance. The gift he is seeking for her is probably Tyrion.....I shudder at the thought.
    As do I.

The Wook
  13. Very Dull Infected Person RPF Premium Member asalaw's Avatar
    From
    DC Metro Area
    1 Day Ago  Jul 22, 2017, 8:22 AM - Re: Game of Thrones #3288

Yup. Tyrion. Euron even foreshadowes it when he mentions Tyrion to Cersei, though not by name.

That's where I'm plunking down my 25. Who's with me?
  14. Hodor RPF Premium Member KhalDrogo's Avatar
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    1 Day Ago  Jul 22, 2017, 8:26 AM - Re: Game of Thrones #3289

I'd bet heavily against Tyrion. Its going to be Ellaria and\or Theon and Yara. We probably won't know until episode 3 or 4 though.
  15. RPF Premium Member Monkey67's Avatar
    From
    313 D-Town ( Detroit )
    1 Day Ago  Jul 22, 2017, 11:28 AM - Re: Game of Thrones #3290

You will need a split army to over take kings landing. One by land and another by sea to pinch and surround the target. Stannis would have possibly taken kings landing during the battle of blackwater if he could have slowed down house Lannister from riding in on the fun. He won the water even at a great lost of men n ships. But the force of an army pushing back broke the rest of his army. If he had a ok army pushing towards on land. They could have held up the Lannister army just enough for the navy to get inside the walls. Have them block off the road n gates on the land side. Boom house Stannis up in this place. But didn't happen.

With the iron islands protecting the sea and the Lannister army on the land. You have two major armies to deal with. She will need a great army on both sides to fight at the same time. Possibly split team dragons..2nd dragon rider? Each dragon can help on 1 side of the battle with the 3rd playing support by attack the city itself. Also note that the rough riders of the desert can't Likely swim and afraid of the water in a way. So they will need to be your land army with high garden support. As the sea battle will likely be the Doran and no dick's friends & family since those 2 have better grip on naval warfare I would believe.

At any rate it should be a fun 2-3 episode battle royal.
    From
    Midwest USA
    1 Day Ago  Jul 22, 2017, 12:17 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3291

Speaking about Beric's flaming sword...doesn't Azor Ahai wield a flaming sword? If the Hound is with the Brothers without Banners, what if he take's Beric's sword and wields it, becoming Azor Ahai?
  17. RPF Premium Member Monkey67's Avatar
    From
    313 D-Town ( Detroit )
    1 Day Ago  Jul 22, 2017, 1:11 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3292

If I'm not mistaken when Sam was flipping thru the book he stole. There was a picture of a dagger looking blade. It seemed look like the one used to frame Tyrion by littlefinger. The catspaw dagger they called it. Just could be anything or just a Easter egg for fun.
  18. Hodor RPF Premium Member KhalDrogo's Avatar
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    1 Day Ago  Jul 22, 2017, 1:17 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3293

I think the dagger may be making a reappearance of some significance this season or next. Lots of press photos of Arya from this season show her with the dagger.
  19. RPF Premium Member Monkey67's Avatar
    From
    313 D-Town ( Detroit )
    1 Day Ago  Jul 22, 2017, 2:42 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3294

KhalDrogo said: View Post
    I think the dagger may be making a reappearance of some significance this season or next. Lots of press photos of Arya from this season show her with the dagger.
    I haven't seen much of the press photos due to trying not see much before hand. If it is making a reappearance on the show. Maybe it's used as a key to unlock a door to a storage room / vault where all the dragon glass is kept. Since most people kinda feel tyrion is the mad kings child. Maybe he gifted / left the dagger to him to unlock his true Id and rightful place among this family. Idk, but I like to guess for fun
    From
    Orlando, FL
    1 Day Ago  Jul 22, 2017, 3:29 PM - Re: Game of Thrones #3295

The dagger was last in Baelish's possession right? Maybe Arya will end up taking it from him if she heads North