New Royal Guard Helmet Sculpt

rudolpht

For the best dressed TRs out there, particularly those that have jammed their noggins into an undersized/non-accurate Royal Guard Helmet. Here's the real deal with a paint job to die for (pics can't convey).

Another Sithplanet.com masterpiece.

IRG1.jpg

IRG2.jpg

IRG3.jpg

IRGduo1.jpg

IRGduo2.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ Aug 11 2006, 07:17 PM) [snapback]1298717[/snapback]</div>
That is looking absolutely HUGE... what is the history of this piece?
[/b]

Huge relative to the Don Post undersized/grease up the noggin/breathing optional "little buddy" :)

New custom sculpt based on movie footage. It is big.

Seriously, I feel kinda underwhelmed... the size is good, but there's just something about the shape and details that look off, imo. It completely lacks the suaveness of the original - which the DP had, even though it was undersized. This one just looks bulky and edgy... not streamlined, sleek and slender. Maybe this is caused by the angle in which the helmet was photographed in... I dunno...

<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ Aug 11 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]1298737[/snapback]</div>
Seriously, I feel kinda underwhelmed... the size is good, but there's just something about the shape and details that look off, imo. It completely lacks the suaveness of the original - which the DP had, even though it was undersized. This one just looks bulky and edgy... not streamlined, sleek and slender. Maybe this is caused by the angle in which the helmet was photographed in... I dunno...
[/b]

I think it is the cheeks. The cheek dents are deeper so it's causing a major different look from the light glare.

The size issue is valid. While the shapes and lines do look porportional, the helmet is a bit too large. The Don Post's larger variety is only 10% undersized, the Altman's are about 5% undersized. I can see that the visor isn't matching along the eye cutout and the helmet is sagging outward in that region. While it tightens the helmet, the cheeks should be drawn in more to sharpen the edges of the visor to points. I like where it's headed , just a detail or two need a touch. Example:
IRG3.jpg

You should not be able to see the cheek from this angle, the face must squeeze in and come a little forward.
JJ

<div class='quotetop'>(Jumpin Jax @ Aug 11 2006, 11:47 PM) [snapback]1298861[/snapback]</div>
The size issue is valid. While the shapes and lines do look porportional, the helmet is a bit too large. The Don Post's larger variety is only 10% undersized, the Altman's are about 5% undersized.
[/b]
I know everyone is a (jealous) critic. :) :) :)

I did love my Altmann's, but alas, I needed to upgrade & get a more troopable version in the process. The pics are kinda week here, as off as baby brother is in the other extreme. Natural light pics a must

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back