Apollo 18

That was a really cool movie.

In all honesty, I HATE it when they show the entire freaking movie, in sequence, in the trailer from start to finish... a trailer should be highlights and teasers... this trailer is the entire movie. 2 cents

Looks kind of cool and very well made...but I guess it's fairly obvious that this movie is the result of Cloverfield and Paranormal Activities having a knockoff baby.

These "found the tape in burning wreckage" movies are getting exhausting. The part where it says "this film has not been edited or cut in any way"...come on. We get it already!

Maybe not so bad, but maybe too similar to the storyline of Transformers 3?

Possible. But after working for 13 years in the movie theater industry, it usually means it's a bad movie. And especially with a January release. Good movies don't often get released in January. They usually get released May-Aug and then Nov-Dec for the X-mas crowd on break from school and work.

These "found the tape in burning wreckage" movies are getting exhausting. The part where it says "this film has not been edited or cut in any way"...come on. We get it already!
Theres been like 3 of these "found footage" movies in the past 15 years. Its not like they are everywhere.

Personally I like them. The home-made look of them gives them an intimate and real feel that helps sell the horror to me alot more.

Actually, there's been several more than that.

Blair Witch
Paranormal Activity
Paranormal Activity 2
Cloverfield
Diary of the Dead
The Last Exorcism
Quarantine
The Ritual
Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County

And a few more foreign films.

The Blair Witch is probably the only one that was marketed well enough and covered up enough to make people think that it might actually be real. That was probably what made it the most fun and original of all them.

The story sounds interesting but I'm not a very big fan of the whole found footage genre, too much filler and I esp. hate the shaky camera that's a part of the genre. In my opinion, most to all of these found footage films could be condensed into about a 1/2 hour and you'd have a much more enjoyable movie that and at least some effort at steadying the camera.

It's like the "Die Hard" syndrome. After "Die Hard" everything was "Die Hard, on a bus" (Speed) or "Die Hard on a train" (that Steven Segal movie?). After "The Blair Witch Project" everything is "Blair Witch meets Godzilla" (Cloverfield) or "Blair Witch with zombies" (Diary of the Dead). Just wait 'til the next trend.

That said, the trailer and commercials have piqued my interest. Yeah, it does seem to give a bit too much away, but I think I'll go see it anyway.

The story sounds interesting but I'm not a very big fan of the whole found footage genre, too much filler and I esp. hate the shaky camera that's a part of the genre. In my opinion, most to all of these found footage films could be condensed into about a 1/2 hour and you'd have a much more enjoyable movie that and at least some effort at steadying the camera.

HaHa, that's what I wound up doing when PA came out on video. I fast forwarded (?) thru the daytime parts and basicaly only watched the night time stuff. PA2 did away with the shaky cam by using the security cameras a lot, thank goodness.

I had high hopes for this movie but their advertising campaign lately is making it seem like it will be a let down. At this point I think it will be a rental for me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back