Sylvester Stallone threatens to sue Profiles in History

Figures!

I hope he retires before he releases his book because that will kill his career! :lol

Stallone has a pretty big collection of his screen used props and costumes from his films, especially the Rocky and Rambo stuff.

Jimmy Lile only made something like 25 screen accurate 'First Blood' knives after the release of the movie and Stallone bought 13 of them. He's big on props.

Stallone has a pretty big collection of his screen used props and costumes from his films, especially the Rocky and Rambo stuff.

Jimmy Lile only made something like 25 screen accurate 'First Blood' knives after the release of the movie and Stallone bought 13 of them. He's big on props.

Lile made 6 knives for the movie First Blood. We know Stallone has at least 2 of them, his brother Frank may have one also, as for the rest, was rumored to have been put into paper bags and destroyed, but I doubt that very much.

Stallone has the tarp costume, as well as the M65 jacket costume, which he wore in the movie.

Ive been very lucky in acquiring some VERY RARE Stallone screen used Rambo 3 stuff which will be shown shortly.

I bet if the other Lile FB knives ever surfaced, they could make as much as $250.000 on the collectors market. :)

Last edited:
This is the reason why I do not buy actual props from the movies, you really do not know where they came from. For example, Heritage Auction got caught selling knock-off props, they never checked their resources for authenticating the items. WFAA News 8 did an investigation and found out some guy would buy junk from garage sales and flea markets and created a COA for the items. He would have Heritage Auction sell the items for him. Thus, this is the reason why I stay away from actual props and only buy replicas.

Last edited:
Whew - Marty Singer is a destroyer. You don't f-word with him. He almost shut down Warner Brothers over a breach of contract.

This is the reason why I do not buy actual props from the movies, you really do not know where they came from. For example, Heritage Auction got caught selling knock-off props, they never checked their resources for authenticating the items. WFAA News 8 did an investigation and found out some guy would buy junk from garage sales and flea markets and created a COA for the items. He would have Heritage Auction sell the items for him. Thus, this is the reason why I stay away from actual props and only buy replicas.

I think you are really limiting yourself due to a few bad apples. Are there some shady people in the screen used prop business? Sure. Do some fakes get passed through even the best Prop sellers from time to time? They do... However, there are a number of very highly regarded sellers, like the Prop Store who work pretty hard to validate their pieces and stand behind them. If you love screen used props and are willing to do a little research and digging, buying from a reputable seller can add some very cool pieces to your collection.

$250,000 for one of the original Lile knives? I very much doubt it.

If it does well you're looking at $20-$30k maximum.

And that is being generous!

Simon

I bought a Gangs of New York screen-worn top hat a few years ago. I know it is authentic because the company that made the hats for the film does not sell direct to the public. They sell only for film and theatrical productions. The hat was attributed to an actor with a speaking part, but there were so many hats made for the film, that it could be anyone's. I didn't care one way or the other, because it was screen-worn by someone in the film and the price was fair. I assume that the attribution of who wore the hat is authentic because the auction company has a good reputation.

The provenance of many TV and Movie used vehicles is also an issue. Many are sold and passed off as original TV screen used where actually they never say a set or studio. A lot of unscrupulous people copy paperwork and forge stuff to "gin" up fake paperwork for these vehicles. Take for example the Dukes of Hazard cars. Virtually none of them are authentic TV used. There were tons used for the film and ask any owner of any 69 Dodge Charger and they will say their car is authentic. Same goes for the Batmobile, Munster cars, Monkeemobile, and Green Hornet Black Beauty. Even well know Hollywood car builders claim to have built these cars when they had nothing to do with them.

$250,000 for one of the original Lile knives? I very much doubt it.

If it does well you're looking at $20-$30k maximum.

And that is being generous!

Simon

Simon I have to disagree on this one mate, the Lile First Blood knives 7-13 could make the $20-30K mark. I have a friend who has one of the lesser 12 saw teeth Liles which one of his is between 14-100 (which I wont divulge), he was offered 30k for his! It does depend on who wants one thats for sure, youve gotta remember Lile First Blood and Mission knives are not just collected by props collectors, but by hard core knife collectors too from all over the world. German and Japanese collectors would go absolutely MAD for the chance to acquire one or all of the remaining 4 screen used knives that have gone missing, even if they are very tardy due to the abuse they got on screen.

Of course we wont know until one or all 4 surface...I honestly believe that they wont ever come onto the open market, as there is a closed community of props collectors who deal just within their own group, which is a shame, as I would like to see at least one of these knives either given or loaned to the Hope Visitor Center Museum in British Columbia where a lot of the movie was shot. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back