My Han in Carbonite panel upgrades 23 Nov 2013

Re: WIP: Han in Carbonite (panels)

Dammn! :confused
Congratulations Marcus ,thats is one of the best if not the best Ive ever seen ,
your dedication never sease's to amaze me ,
Absolutly out standing !!!

Re: My Han in Carbonite completed

Marcus,

What did you use to fill the opening in your panels? Aluminum flashing? How did you attach it?

What about the openings in the hero panel? I thought I read you used a Perspex Extruded Acrylic in Opal White?

How did you attache the greeblies to these aluminum areas so neatly?

Just wanna make sure I get this first step right...:)

thanks!

brad

Anyone ever notice how Kurtyboy always has a way of taking something everyone else has or is working on and adding those last little touches?

Superb!

Love the addition of the Uclips and all the little subtle things here and there. Man that thing was greeblied out! :)

1mm thick sheet aluminium in the stunt panels cut to 314mm x 84mm. Get a machinist to do it. 3mm thick olal white acrylic in the hero panel. Both from ebay.

I just used a few drops of superglue for most greeblies. Try to keep it away from the edges. Once you apply it, go around the inside and outside edges with your finger carefully. Place them very carefully, some parts it helps to use tweezers. If you mess up you can sand the glue off and polish it up again.

Thanks Ken ;)

These aren't completed yet, I still have some stuff to add including more original parts.
Marcus,

What did you use to fill the opening in your panels? Aluminum flashing? How did you attach it?

What about the openings in the hero panel? I thought I read you used a Perspex Extruded Acrylic in Opal White?

How did you attache the greeblies to these aluminum areas so neatly?

Just wanna make sure I get this first step right...:)

thanks!

brad

I totally agree...

Marcus is the KING of detailing!
His dedication to replicate a screen accurate prop is incomparable :):thumbsup

Markus

Marcus,

Did you end up priming/painting your machined "U" clips or just attached them?

Were you ever able to find a metal "O" ring instead of having to prime/paint all 30 of the little resin ones? :wacko My hope was to locate some kind of chrome or metal pipe that could be cut and just glued in place.

thanks again

brad

Marcus,

Were you ever able to find a metal "O" ring instead of having to prime/paint all 30 of the little resin ones? :wacko My hope was to locate some kind of chrome or metal pipe that could be cut and just glued in place.

thanks again

brad

Brad, I know priming and painting all those pieces are a pain but I found the best way to do it was to get long strips of masking tape and double it over and attach it to a board then just stick all the parts to it and prime and paint them in one shot, double sided tape works better but cost more.

If you can find real metal parts that's even better. I had steel tubing in my shop I used for the master of the rings in my kit. I think it was from modular closet tubing, I had to strip off a white powder coated paint from them to make them bare metal.

I didn't paint the U clips but as Keith pointed out it might be an idea to clear coat them. They are made from steel and steel does rust.

My metal o rings are sections cut from aluminium tubing.

Marcus,

thanks again

brad

Marcus,

Is there anyway you could share pics of all 8 of your finished panels?

Where did you get the little round colored stickers (not decals)...?

I'm knee deep in the build of these things and have a lot of dumb questions. :lol

thanks!

brad

The round stickers I got from ebay. Some of them are plain adhesive stickers made from paper, some are vinyl stickers. I think there's 5mm, 6mm, 8mm and 10 or 12mm in there.

My pictures would suck! I just cannot get good photos from my camera.

Marcus,

Is there anyway you could share pics of all 8 of your finished panels?

Where did you get the little round colored stickers (not decals)...?

I'm knee deep in the build of these things and have a lot of dumb questions. :lol

thanks!

brad

Marcus,

Regarding Hero Panel #1...

For the two "arrow" areas on the top of the panel that house red lights did you paint the area behind the lights red?

thanks

brad

No, no paint there. Just the opal white perspex.

Marcus,

Regarding Hero Panel #1...

For the two "arrow" areas on the top of the panel that house red lights did you paint the area behind the lights red?

thanks

brad

No, no paint there. Just the opal white perspex.

kurtyboy,

On that same top left section of Hero panel #1 did you just drill holes and stick the top row of tiny lights into them?

It almost looks like from your pics that both you and darthchromer have something the the little lights "seat" down into?

thanks again!

brad

Yes, drilled holes. My lenses snap into place. They are far from accurate but will be upgraded one day!

kurtyboy,

On that same top left section of Hero panel #1 did you just drill holes and stick the top row of tiny lights into them?

It almost looks like from your pics that both you and darthchromer have something the the little lights "seat" down into?

thanks again!

brad

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back