The Nautilus Home Theatre

DaveG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This project is a couple of years old and while I've posted pictures of a couple of the replica props, I don't think I've ever posted pictures of the theater itself. My home theater, based on the Nautilus from Disney's 1954 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

A2CV2097-Edit.jpg

A2CV2079-Edit.jpg

A2CV2101-Edit-copy.jpg

A2CV2161-Editcopy.jpg

A2CV2141a.jpg

A2CV2137a.jpg

A2CV2145.jpg

Last edited:
Holy Smokes! That is a wonderful room! I love it, just perfect, even down to the light fittings. It's the details that really make it, the brass rails around the shelves and the subtle "rust" on the beams. Beautiful.

Nautilus Model

The model of the Nautilus in the previous photos was borrowed from a friend for the photo shoot. Here's a newer one that I built up last year from a Custom Replica's kit.

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

It's actually a never ending project. The most recent addition, completed just this week. The Ballast Control Lever from the Wheelhouse of the Nautilus. Dive! Dive!

CRW_3761.jpg

That is just too fun! I love the speakers! I am surprised that you didn't make the projector box into the parascope. :)

That is one of the coolest home theaters I've ever seen.

I like how you made the nautilus model float.

Looks great.

Do you have some of these? If not lemme know and I'll send you off some castings for you to use as accent/details bits around the room if you would like.

nemo1.jpg

That is just too fun! I love the speakers! I am surprised that you didn't make the projector box into the parascope. :)

I actually thought about that (even though the Nautilus didn't have a periscope) but I was afraid someone might try to grab the handles and use it!

Excellent work! I followed your work from AVS. I am currently building a Tatooine Theme
Home theater almost done will post pic in a month or 2.

I have never seen the film but that is a stunning room! It is the small detail like the plates on the projector and all the fittings that really make it pop.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back