Dylan Dog

tain669

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have seen that they have made the movie. But without Rupert Everett .Would like to know what you think of this as I always believed the Everett would play Dylan.I'm not saying this as a bad thing. Just wanted some feedback

I hate to say it, but my first reaction to seeing an ad for this film was 'oh my god, someone gave Brandon Routh a job!'

I've watched it. I'm not fully familiar with the comic (in fact, I didn't even know it was a comic book until I saw the notation about it at the ending credits), but throughout the whole time, I was thinking, This would have worked better if it was a comic book. Just doesn't seem to work as a motion picture.

But, I got to admit, there's a lot of potential props in there that look like they could be interesting to replicate.

There were a few funny lines/situations, but other than that, it felt extremely generic. The actors were bland, the writing was half a$$ed. oh yeah...very annoying voice over narration. I kept thinking "hey, this movie is a heck of alot like Constantine"...which by the way was a great deal better flick than Dylan.

I wonder how far they went from the source materials as from what I've heard the comics are really good. Some movies were just meant to be animated and I think this would have worked better as an animated movie since you can do more with animation and not have it look like a scifi channel movie.

kursosawa, I have to agree with your appraisal of the film. I felt that Sam Huntington's "Marcus" was one of the better characters, but it's not saying too much. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything special. A few of my friends said it would've been better off as a TV series and I have to agree.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back