ESB Vader belt. Vader experts help and advice!!

avbat

So I just received this belt from a nice fella on the PD, which is really awesome, and he was awesome to work with. It is an ESB setup, with all metal boxes and buckle. I know there are a few things that need to be done to it before it can be "accurate". Anyone feel free to correct me on any of the following that I have on my to do list:

1) I know that the red light/bulb/led whatever needs to be replaced with the proper red lamp w/ metal casing. I believe I read a while back that someone had sourced some in the found parts section.

2) I think that the green lights need to be replaced. By this I don't mean the lenses, but the colored LED inside. The way it sits, it casts a hard circular light on the center of the lenses, because it doesn't disperse the light. I am not sure that this is the way it is supposed to look or not. Also it changes the the lens color from a nice sort of emerald green to a sort of bright yellow green. I tried to capture this on one of the pics. This is something I definitely need advice on.

3) lightsaber hook- I have one on my old belt, but I am sure it is not accurate. Sources would help.

4) I am not sure how to mount the electronics for easy access, but keep it accurate at the same time. I am referring to the of and on switches etc.

5) I know Vader's belt sometimes features a silver rivet on one side of the buckle, but I am not sure if it is present in ESB? or the majority of ESB. I have also seen 2 and 4 rivets on his lightsaber hook as well, not really sure which is correct there either.

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4463.jpg

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

I am sure I am forgetting to mention something, so someone please correct me. Thanks for any words of wisdom guys

Is there really no one willing to help? You can PM me any info too if you don't wish to discuss in the open. I would really appreciate the help.

Hey avbat...are you on the boards over at 501stsithlords.com? Your belt looks pretty good. I would leave the red light alone..the green buttons are also great, the six silver buttons on each box may be a little on the small side. If memory serves, the saber hook is held on by only two rivets as well. The chicago bolt to the wearers left can be included, but isn't seen on all of the belts. Hope that helps a little..come over and check out that board too..it's a great resource.

Yea I need to get over to the 501st. I posted here knowing there are several Vader guys that are on here all of the time and I thought they would help a guy "following in their footsteps" out.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back