Mounting your FX Light Saber to the wall?

DeLucks Designs

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello All,
I'm at the end of a 2 room renovation in my house(for my 4 year old twins) and my son has asked for a Star wars room (of course). I bought him an Fx saber and would like to mount it on the wall for him. This is the complete saber, and not just the hilt. I know i've seen them posted here before at some point, but I'd love to see some ideas about wall mounting your Fx sabers. Any one have pics or ideas? Thanks!
-Scott

Those eBay hangers have a black component that touches the blade. IMHO this spoils the illusion by making the blade look less like an awesome laser sword and more like a stupid neon tube.

If they can't design some way to cradle the tip, at least make it from clear plastic so it's less distracting visually.

For that matter do sabers have to be hung blade up for good luck or something? Why not just bolt cellphone style clip to the wall and hang it from the covertec belt hook?
UNIVERSAL%20BELT%20CLIP.jpg

On another note: How are you planning to get power to it? I'd suggest putting a 'retro fit ' box in the wall running 12v up through that and mounting the cell phone clip to the faceplate.

There is also the tried and true, unobtrusive, inexpensive option. :)

attachment.php

I wish I could take credit for coming up with this way of hanging them, but it was BoBoDohn who gets the credit for this very simple and inventive idea.

Here is all you need (different size rings can be used for different sabers), and a link to his post with the complete instructions.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/displaying-fx-lightsabers-23812/#post323791
http://www.bothanstation.com/basement/fx_hang01.JPG
fx_hang01.JPG

Any chance this method of vertical hanging can be explained with photos? The original threads photos are no longer active....

Thanks

i have draft up a lightsaber rack drawing and will start to laser cut them

LightsaberRack.jpg

its just a very simple pool-cue style design with laser engravings on the top blade holder and the bottom, i planned to use acrylic mirror as the base.

I used two pieces of 2"x2" plastic angle. One "leg" fixed to the wall, and the the other carved out to craddle the hilt - one at the top and one at the bottom. No support needed for the blade. The sabers simply lift on and off sitting on the "brackets"

I used the stand that came with the sabers to mount the plaques I made up :)

_DSC3517.jpg

_DSC3518.jpg

Here is a pic of just the "brackets", painted black to match the recess. The cut edge had some felt glued to it to protect the saber:

_DSC3531.jpg

After seeing and hearing about lot of mounts out there that take away from the look of the Lightsaber I decided to design my own. Mine are unique in that they are very subtle but also very strong with the base part being lined with felt to protect the saber. I mainly do them in satin black but have also done them in white and metallic gun metal grey. I've made a mould for them and can get them perfect every time and they are finished off to museum quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 2,156
  • Lightsaber Mount E.jpg
    Lightsaber Mount E.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Lightsaber Mount A.jpg
    Lightsaber Mount A.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,812
Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back