Jupiter II, Moebius vs Polar Lights your views?

Chriss Doll, Long time no see! Dude, you took a boatload of pictures at Wonderfest 09 and I know you put them up, especially of the products that I had at Tracy's Federation Models table, you know my products and the ID4 ship that I built for him... What happened to those pictures? I looked one week and they were there and then later they were all gone. Do you still have shots of all of those pictures that you took of my products while I was working for Tracy..... My Wife remembers you... I've tried to get ahold of you....

By the way, the big Jupiter 2 fans are over on Hobbytalk:

Science Fiction Modeling - HobbyTalk

Moebius Models - HobbyTalk

Do a search for Jupiter 2 in those threads and you'll be flooded with information, discussion, accuracy issues, lighting, mechanized legs, etc.

I should add that the Moebius kit is superior to the PL kit for lighting, especially the interior. In the PL kit, the hyperdrive on the bottom (the bit with the light chaser) is one clear piece. As a result, it's a ***** to mask and paint. In the Moebius kit this is presented as two pieces (with two options - fins or no fins).

The Polar Lights kit is a fun little build, but lacks greatly in details.

I have built two of the Moebius J2's, and there is so much available to enhance the basic kit it's unreal. Both of my builds sold for large amounts of $$$, and I will build a third one in the future for myself! The kit goes together like a high-dollar jigsaw puzzle, a truly enjoyable experience!
Here's a few photos of each one of them.....

016.jpg

018-1.jpg

311.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-8.jpg

007-6.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back