Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

When you guys took your measurements did you take them exact or did you leave some give for the taloring process? How well do your jackets fit is my question i don't wanna have to worry about it.

My jacket has been ordered as of today. I really hope i have it in time for SDCC on the 28th of next month. Cutting it to close for comfort.

When you guys took your measurements did you take them exact or did you leave some give for the taloring process? How well do your jackets fit is my question i don't wanna have to worry about it.

I used a reference of my best/ideal fitted jacket. So based off of those measurements and measurements of myself, Heron was able to deduce the best fit for me. And I couldn't be happier with it. The sleeves are not SA length, as they are 1.5 too long, but perfect for when I actually ride. So it evens out. Best of luck to you when it arrives. I hope you wind up wearing the crap out of it. :love

-Tony

I was thinking about getting one of the Heron jackets, but had a question. I've seen a few mentions of asking for a thicker leather. I don't ride a motorcycle, but would just want the jacket for everyday wear. Would the regular leather they offer be sufficient for that, or is it generally a good idea to go thicker?

Thanks.

The answer to that would be yes, enervator. I have 2 leather jackets at the moment, one is a heavy riding jacket, and the other is a much lighter 'fashion' jacket, the latter I wear day-to-day since it's much lighter and not as bulky. If you're going for everyday use, a light leather should be fine, a thick cowhide would be heavier and a lot less flexible, though it'd keep you much warmer in the cold.

If you don't ride, the thinner is fine.

Speaking of, I've been looking into Wolverine jackets, and have considered getting one. I've seen a ton of different manufacturers show pictures of it, but can't really tell what is best.

Soul Revolver and Leathernext (I actually really like the look of the LeatherNext one XO) are two that stick out in my mind. I really can't afford to drop $600, nor the 6 months for one of those Vanson deals. Does anyone have any experience with the cheaper shops and how well they wear/feel?

I have only dealt with Heron, and since they already have the patterns ready for an X1, X2 and XO, then all you have to do is tell them exactly how you want it done, with you measurements and from start to finish it should only be a week or two and you should have a jacket in hand. They require half or full to start poduction, and the other half when finished.

Make sure you ask for photo updates before they ship it out. The last thing you need is to return it because of some mis-information on someone's part.

I went with a thicker (3.5mm) leather, but it's not as dense, so it's light and pliable for mine. You can view it on page 2 as well as my avatar.

I don't know if I missed it or not, but what did your Heron cost? I notice a lot of their designs are REALLY cheap, so I'm wondering if an XO from them wouldn't be considerably less than some other places.

Thanks for the replies. Those pictures on page 2 made me fall in love with even the concept of owning one of these. That's the thicker leather, but still looks pretty soft.

Thanks for the replies. Those pictures on page 2 made me fall in love with even the concept of owning one of these. That's the thicker leather, but still looks pretty soft.

It is. At 3.5mm it's thicker than any normal leather jacket, but it's fibers are not as dense as competition weight or horse hide, so the break-in time is alot less.

Hey guys, I just joined therpf.com for this thread.
Superdrool, I PM'd you, but I just wanted to say your jacket is awesome! Perfect in fact and I'd really like to order the same. How do I go about doing so? Just contact Heron and say I want an X2 custom jacket in 3.5mm leather? Any other details to mention?

I've always been a big fan of the X2 jacket. And you did a great job of dulling down the stripes like it appears on film. Very cool. Brand new I think this jacket is extremely loud, but weathered nothing can beat it.

Any tips you can give would be awesome. I'd like to order one asap since this forum has got me excited!

Thanks!
Tom

Distressed Logan's Closet X2 made by vanson...
x2prodfront2.jpg

x2prodside.jpg

x2prodsideright.jpg

x2prodfront1.jpg

x2prodcuff.jpg

x2prodback.jpg

I'm gonna give Heron a shout and see what they want for an XO. That's certainly gonna be my go-to heavy jacket.

On another note: I just got my Wraith from SoulRevolver in the mail today, and I am supremely pleased with it. Leather is softer than anything I've felt before, and it fits like a glove. And with a turnaround of -less- than their promised 14 days for manufacture and delivery, I'm happy with it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back