Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

I'm a fan of all the "Logan" jackets worn in the films that Hugh Jackman has appeared in.

But I have to say that the X-2 version has always been my favorite because of the color combinations and slight variations in details that I didn't see in the other versions.

Years ago, I had one of the earlier renditions put out by DAVIDYR1 from UD Replicas, and I couldn't have been happier with the quality of craftsmanship and the attention to detail at the time.

Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore because I bought it more "form fitting" to my measurements THEN and ended up working behind a desk for the next few years...:lol

so it ended up not fitting me anymore because when I started to get into shape again, I only got bigger in the chest, instead of smaller.:unsure

I REALLY miss that jacket :cry

I'll be looking at this thread in the future for options to replace one of my favorite film jackets.

BTW - That Heron X-2 posted previously looks really nice and I'm sure it will look STELLAR all weathered up!

Anyone see this jacket? If so, any good feedback?

X-men 1 Wolverine Casual Jacket #1

YEah, this guy is Indian or Pakistani, and he's all over eBay. I've seen his stuff and would steer clear of it, due to low quality and thin leather, if it's not actually vinyl, as some tend to use. But There's a company out in the UK that make a pretty decent XO for less than a Vanson or Magnoli costs.
XO
http://www.leathernext.com/details.php?j=94&t=X-Men Origins
X2
Quality Mens Leather Jackets & Mens Motorcycle Jackets
X3
http://www.leathernext.com/details.php?j=71&t=X-Men jacket LN-120

I agree with superdrool(Tony)...that jacket looks like crap. Get a Heron, or save up for a Vanson.

yeah, most of your quality replica jackets are higher priced. The only exception may be SoulRevolver, Leathernext and Heron. If you want the most screen accurate X2 available, Bates Leather out of Cali made the one for the film. And is still available upon custom order. I will warn you that they are higher priced starting at $1k and $1,200 for the distressing option. But owning one that was made by the same company seems to be the elite way to go if you have the dough. ;)

I've been in an X-mood lately and went and picked up a Wolvy jacket off of ebay from a private seller. The description and pic were shoddy so it went cheap. 50 bucks!

I think it might be a decent jacket that slipped through the auction cracks.

Here's the pic-
attachment.php

Any clue who the maker is?

Nick
I can't tell. But if I can get a better pic of the zipper pull tabs, I'd be able to give you a postive ID.

The pics-
80510626.jpg

69181339.jpg

93978767.jpg

64226977.jpg

Zipper Pull-
43417251.jpg

Tag inside the inner breast pocket-
97138737.jpg

Nick

Last edited:

Eesh. I was going to suggest it as a Heron, but seeing the collar snap and rounded collar, I don't know. The previous owner must've remove the label from the inside back. Can you see any evidence of a torn-off label, Nick?

I know it's not:
-Heron
-Vanson
-Magnoli

It may be Leathernext or SoulRevlover.

If you post your jacket pics over in the member section of fj.com we can narrow it down much quicker.

-Tony

The leather isn't super thick or super thin. A nice medium weight to it.

Will do.

Nick

An Italian custom one-off? I think the tag says Italy, but the attention to detail says otherwise.

Came across a question today... Layering up with the lumberjack lookin shirt and denim jacket underneath, would one need a jacket a size bigger than your regular size? I wanna get a regular sized one but then again i wanna wear the full outfit on occasion

If your wanting to go with the X1 layered look with a jean jacket, then yes. But be careful, those screen used jackets were custom tailored to fit that jean jacket to Hugh. So everything from the sleeve and torso length to shoulder room was just right. Alot of people tend to forget about how much sleeve room you need. So be very careful how you chose your measurements. A standard one-up may be too big. Depending on what vendor you go with make sure you explain the fit you are going for.

-Tony

I just ordered a second Heron X2 today so I can have a weathered one to look more like the movie jacket myself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back