Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

21903697650_bc4c47cc49_o.jpg21903697110_b6116dc4c5_o.jpg2018-07-07_06-51-33.jpg2018-07-07_07-02-26.jpg2018-07-07_07-08-24.jpg
Maybe someone can tell where I can buy a pair of shiny metal claws
@Mike53 I have a pair of rare aluminum X1 claws I'd consider sellin' you for a price...
From TheWolverine's Collection: THAT'S ME BUB!
20130713_121623.jpg20130713_124542.jpg20130713_124958.jpg
20130713_125514.jpg20130713_125600.jpg20130713_125907.jpg
Action-ActorsWolverineClawsXMenX1.jpegAction-ActorsWolverineClawsX-MenX-1.jpegAction-ActorsWolverineClawsX-1.jpeg
Action-ActorsWolverineClawsX-Men.jpegActionActorsWolverineClawsX-Men1.jpegActionActorsWolverineClawsXMen1.jpeg
Action-Actors Aluminum Wolverine Claws X-Men X-1

Last edited:
"@Mike53 I have a pair of rare aluminum X1 claws I'd consider sellin' you for a price..."

Thank you very much for your suggestion. But first I will try to find a product that was not in use.

Just picked up a Museum Replicas X1 jacket. After having a UD X2 and a Logan's Closet DOFP.....I don't understand the hate for the MR....Quite a nice predistressed, well fitting, comfortable jacket....I heard horror stories......Definately not true on my end. Only issue is that I have sooo many leathers.. ;-)
Anyone else have one of these?

Just picked up a Museum Replicas X1 jacket. After having a UD X2 and a Logan's Closet DOFP.....I don't understand the hate for the MR....Quite a nice predistressed, well fitting, comfortable jacket....I heard horror stories......Definately not true on my end. Only issue is that I have sooo many leathers.. ;-)

I had one but it was too large. It was nice though.

I wish I could find a Deus Ex Machina Django jacket. Closest thing to Logan’s suede jacket.

MuseumReplicasWindlassWolverineJacket.jpg
Fantastic jacket. Astonishingly comfortable and put together very well. All the best to ya with it , bub.
\I/snikt\I/
Wolverine wears another jean jacket under the X1. Here's another shot with both jackets on...
WindlassStudiosWolverineJacketDogTagSet11 (1).jpg
I appreciate this one for what it is. I can't complain for only $115 with shippin' included!

So, I'm at a loss. I'd love an X2 but would settle for an X1. I thought Heron was the way to go for either. But when I emailed them about changing the leather thickness for the X1 they literally told me, what is on the website is what you order.

Maybe this was a lost in translation moment. I used google translate and english. I know others have acquired a Heron with thicker leather.

Last edited:
Hello, Wolverine fans!!! I have been looking for metal claws for a long time. In Instagram I was able to find a seller https://www.instagram.com/art_x_wolverine/ His claws are made of aluminum. But he does not send goods out of his country. Maybe someone can tell where I can buy a pair of shiny metal claws, which in quality and form are similar to the products of "DarkMatterProps"? Thanx.

PS: this is my version of Wolverine.

View attachment 826279

We are looking into making some metal claws so if you are willing to wait a bit for production to start then you could have yourself a set of metal claws with our high standard of quality here at Dark Matter Props.

We are currently leaning towards Stainless Steel claws since Aluminum is a softer and much lighter weight metal. Aluminum won't hold up as long and the threads in the set screw that hold the wire would be more likely to strip out.

So, I'm at a loss. I'd love an X2 but would settle for an X1. I thought Heron was the way to go for either. But when I emailed them about changing the leather thickness for the X1 they literally told me, what is on the website is what you order.

Maybe this was a lost in translation moment. I used google translate and english. I know others have acquired a Heron with thicker leather.
Honestly for a couple of years I messaged Heron about a X-1 and never got a response. I finally got a X-O jacket from wolverinejacket.com I really liked it for the money. I decided to get an X-1 for Logan's Closet a few years later. The communication wasn't great, but I got the jacket and was really happy with it. Recently I tried to order a distressed X-2 and never heard back from Logan's Closet. Honestly I don't understand the communication issues with Heron and LC it makes it hard on us as fans.

- - - Updated - - -

We are looking into making some metal claws so if you are willing to wait a bit for production to start then you could have yourself a set of metal claws with our high standard of quality here at Dark Matter Props.

We are currently leaning towards Stainless Steel claws since Aluminum is a softer and much lighter weight metal. Aluminum won't hold up as long and the threads in the set screw that hold the wire would be more likely to strip out.
I can't wait to see them! Or you doing X-1 claws or The Wolverine ones?

Honestly for a couple of years I messaged Heron about a X-1 and never got a response. I finally got a X-O jacket from wolverinejacket.com I really liked it for the money. I decided to get an X-1 for Logan's Closet a few years later. The communication wasn't great, but I got the jacket and was really happy with it. Recently I tried to order a distressed X-2 and never heard back from Logan's Closet. Honestly I don't understand the communication issues with Heron and LC it makes it hard on us as fans.

I get that people are busy, but in this day and age if your business is 100% online... I'd think communication is key. I can't even find Logan's Closet's website anymore.
I can understand about Heron I reckon, especially since I don't speak spanish and had to use google translate which can be hit or miss.

I found a few Vanson Legacy jackets second hand online. They're too expensive for me at the moment, but maybe I'll get lucky on it one day.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait to see them! Or you doing X-1 claws or The Wolverine ones?

We will be doing both the XO (X-1 - XO) and TW (TW - Logan) styles of the metal claws.

Also, for anyone that is hunting for jackets. We are working on patterns for the Wolverine Jackets. We have been getting really good feedback on our Fallout jackets (NCR VR and Atom Cats). Hopefully it won't be that much longer till we have something to present. I am a perfectionist so even if there is one tiny detail off I have to fix it. So the patterns have been through a few revisions already.

Oh Snap, i can't wait to see how your metal claws come out. That's gonna be a big win!

We will be doing both the XO (X-1 - XO) and TW (TW - Logan) styles of the metal claws.

Also, for anyone that is hunting for jackets. We are working on patterns for the Wolverine Jackets. We have been getting really good feedback on our Fallout jackets (NCR VR and Atom Cats). Hopefully it won't be that much longer till we have something to present. I am a perfectionist so even if there is one tiny detail off I have to fix it. So the patterns have been through a few revisions already.

I get that people are busy, but in this day and age if your business is 100% online... I'd think communication is key. I can't even find Logan's Closet's website anymore.
I can understand about Heron I reckon, especially since I don't speak spanish and had to use google translate which can be hit or miss.

I found a few Vanson Legacy jackets second hand online. They're too expensive for me at the moment, but maybe I'll get lucky on it one day.
I agree with you they should be able to get back to you. It's ridiculous to want to do business with someone and the communication to break down. I get the language barrier but even still they have done business with people on here. The website is https://sites.google.com/site/loganscloset/

I'm definitely interested! I already have several of your claws on Etsy saved to my "To buy list".

It may be too early in the process but do you have any ideas about prices and leather thickness (i.e. fashion versus motorcycle weight)?

Thanks for the heads up!

The will be made with 3 oz heavyweight genuine cowhide top grain leather (1.2mm thick). That is classified as heavyweight leather. It is a good thickness without getting too thick. I have seen many motorcycle jackets. Some are made with the heavyweight leather and others use the super heavyweight leather (1.7mm-2mm thick/5oz). Our jackets feel nice and thick without restricting movement. I wouldn't classify it as a motorcycle jacket strictly for safety reasons but it will feel like one. We haven't done all the extensive tests that most motorcycle jackets get put through and we don't have a safety rating on our jackets.

I don't like the fashion weight leather. It never lays/draps correctly for a jacket like Wolverine's. You got to go with the heavyweight leather if you want it to look right.

FYI here are some pictures of the Atom Cats Jackets we made. These are distressed to look like they came out of a post apocalyptic world without damaging the jacket.
View attachment 843346View attachment 843347View attachment 843348View attachment 843349View attachment 843350
Oh, you've sold me already! I look forward to seeing your final product. Thanks very much for the information!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back