Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Bowelrock

Sr Member
Ok I'm trying to find a decent Wolverine jacket. I searched the forum already but found nothing of any real help. I prefer the first movie, I know they were all different in there own ways.. Id love a Vanson but i can't afford a $600 jacket unfortunately. So my question is, have any of you guys bought one of these taylor made $150 range jackets on ebay? If u have how did you like it? How did it fit? How well was it made? Do you have pictures? Please if you can help me out thanks folks!

I figure this is costume related. Please move this thread if i have miss categorized it.

Last edited:
Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

Heron makes a good one. The language barrier is tough from what I've heard, they're in Mexico.
Request a heavier grade leather than their stock though.

I would steer clear of Wested, unless you are honestly hard-up for money and you can't wait to save for one of Dan's jackets from Vanson. I believe David from UD Replicas is trying to feel the water on how many are interested in a run of all 4 Wolverine jackets. If I were you, I'd hit up David from UD and let him know you are interested.

-Tony

Last edited:

I would steer clear of Wested, unless you are honestly hard-up for money and you can't wait to save for one of Dan's jackets from Vanson. I believe David from UD Replicas is trying to feel the water on how many are interested in a run of all 4 Wolverine jackets. If I were you, I'd hit up David from UD and let him you are interested.

-Tony

Thanks for the plug Tony. :thumbsup
.....and yes, we're quietly testing the waters for a possible 4 style (meaning all 4 movie jacket designs) released. All identical to what was seen on film, or used on film is probably more to the point....and with removable CE Approved body armor making them suitable for riding.

But, we're quietly testing the waters.....so we'll see.:angel:lol

David

Whoops. Sorry David for spoiling the secret. :/ I would've kept my mouth shut if I had known.
I guess I'll leave spilling the beans to UD from now on. :p

I've been hear lurking for a while...like my avatar David? It's one of your jackets...very distressed and darkened though.

Whoops. Sorry David for spoiling the secret. :/ I would've kept my mouth shut if I had known.
I guess I'll leave spilling the beans to UD from now on. :p

LOL...
Not at all buddy.:lol It's not a secret.

Besides, there is no 'quietly' testing anything when it comes to message boards. :)
Word travels faster than light around these parts, and I did already make that suggestion of these being a possibility. I just added to your post...you didn't spoil anything bud. :thumbsup
Actually, maybe this will open a discussion of sorts regarding this idea....to which I'd be happy to participate in.

:angel

David

I think the stuff you guys are putting out is well worth the cost in fact i believe buying your products is somewhat of an investment. They are that fantastic. That being said i think its a great idea making an affordable high end jacket from any of the X films would be a home run. I hope too see something soonish .

I should have taken a pic of David wearing my ebay Wolverine jacket! crap!

Personally, it works for costuming, and I use it in warmer weather. At the moment I can't recall the maker, could be Heron, but I don't see anything on their site.

Id love too see it man even if its just a cheap jacket to hold me over untill i get a more quality jacket

Heron makes a really good product for the dollar. I own a custom X2 jacket from Heron, as both David's have seen over at the filmjackets forum. Heron makes the X1 and XO, pretty accurately. But due to past issues they have sinced remove those listings from their site and ebay. But if you contact them through email they will be able to make those same jackets to your exact (any specs, really) specifications. If anyone else needs info on Heron Leathers, please feel free to PM me. For those that ride, Heron doesn't specifically work in armored leather, they do however work in thicker quality leather that I used for my jacket that I ride with.

-Tony

Last edited:

David, first off great work with the Tron suits and the Dark Knight jackets. If I wasn't a broke ass student I would be rocking or the other right now but international shipping puts a real sting in the tails

Secondly, I would be very interested in the pre x-men jacket Logan/Wolverine wears in the first half of the movie (dark brown with yellow arm stripes iirc) so feel free to consider me interested in the run of jackets

Many thanks

Phoenix

I have a wested XO jacket . It is not bad, but also not the best. Would love the vanson, but out of my price range. Will get pics tonight for you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back