Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

We are looking into making some metal claws so if you are willing to wait a bit for production to start then you could have yourself a set of metal claws with our high standard of quality here at Dark Matter Props.

We are currently leaning towards Stainless Steel claws since Aluminum is a softer and much lighter weight metal. Aluminum won't hold up as long and the threads in the set screw that hold the wire would be more likely to strip out.

Stainless Steel? Awesome! You guys are the best, so I'll wait as long as you tell me! Just tell me when and where I can order it.

Last edited:
This is off topic but I saw the mock poster and couldn't resist commenting. I was an extra in the last movie [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be doing both the XO (X-1 - XO) and TW (TW - Logan) styles of the metal claws.

Also, for anyone that is hunting for jackets. We are working on patterns for the Wolverine Jackets. We have been getting really good feedback on our Fallout jackets (NCR VR and Atom Cats). Hopefully it won't be that much longer till we have something to present. I am a perfectionist so even if there is one tiny detail off I have to fix it. So the patterns have been through a few revisions already.
Which jackets are you doing? I would love to see an X-2. Tony probably has patterns of his.

Ok, so it is going to be pretty pricey to get started on these metal claws. The mold for each style is about $500 plus I have to order a bulk quantity of claws on top of that. I may have to start with one style first and then come back and do the second style. Just checking to see how many people would prefer the Original style (XO) or the Newest style (TW). I will start with the most popular one. Below is a link to an online poll.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5bab84cfe4b00ef64d955bfd

What are Vanson X-1s going for these days? Yes have one that is bought back in 2007ish in sz 40/42 that I’m looking to sell but don’t know what to ask for. It’s thick leather and tough as nails in pretty good condition.

What are Vanson X-1s going for these days? Yes have one that is bought back in 2007ish in sz 40/42 that I’m looking to sell but don’t know what to ask for. It’s thick leather and tough as nails in pretty good condition.

If it's in pretty good condition, I would assume you could try to sell it $500 to $700....they are hard to come by now and yours is a piece of history !!!

Hard to come by? Piece of history? I missed a lot being out of the Wolverine jacket game for a while.
I remember getting this one pretty easily from a member here.

Made another leather belt buckle recently:

20181120_004655.jpg

Ok, so it is going to be pretty pricey to get started on these metal claws. The mold for each style is about $500 plus I have to order a bulk quantity of claws on top of that. I may have to start with one style first and then come back and do the second style. Just checking to see how many people would prefer the Original style (XO) or the Newest style (TW). I will start with the most popular one...

Merry Christmas guys*<[:-{> Any news about metal claws???

Yeah. Don’t really wear my Vanson X1 anymore. I think the time has come to put it up for sale.
Gotta take some pics and put it up in the junkyard

CapKaos We have made the XO jackets in several sizes. I will be posting pictures soon. The leather is brand new so it is a bit stiff still. I will have to break one in a bit and take some pictures.

The X1 jacket may be next on the list. First we will have to sell some XO jackets to recoup some expenses.

Last edited:
Are these true to sizes? I wear the Marvel officially licensed one (around $30) in size small and I'm a medium size.

How much?

Are these true to sizes? I wear the Marvel officially licensed one (around $30) in size small and I'm a medium size.

How much?

You can follow the link on my signature image or just look us up (Dark Matter Props). I don't think I'm supposed to post links to my items for sale. I know they don't like us to post links to the junkyard threads. Anyway, we have a size chart posted on Etsy. Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back