Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

LOL. As they did for me. To me it's the perfect balance of X1 and XO (detailing-wise). The burgundy stripes called to me, as they don't do that for everyone. Most like the simplicity of the single color/2-tone look of the X1. You really have to carry extra confidence when you wear the X2. It's a little higher profile than the others. I'd love to see another X2 brother amongst the ranks. ;) (it's a cult thing... :p )

Huh, never knew about the early red stripe version.

LoganArtwork.jpg

Loganart-Train.jpg

xmen-1.jpg

xmen-3.jpg

Looks pretty cool!

Yellow is still a nice reference/callback to the original Wolvy costume.

images from here-
• View topic - "X-Men" Logan/Wolverine Jacket

Yep. Those last two photos are of the Model B Vanson with alterations in chest zippers, gusset zippers and red stripe detailing to mock the concept sketches. Vanson is the only known maker of the original X1 concept( this is known fact over at fj.com). By the time the final designs were ready for filming X1 it seems all the on-screen X1 jackets were made in-house by Fox. My personal assumption was partly due to last minute casting of Hugh Jackman from the slated Dugray Scott. I want to say they are different sizes and Hugh was casted late so he was actually bulking up through filming so the jacket layering seen on screen was suppose to be a trick to cover his 'not-so-Wolverine physique.
Or so the story goes...

Last edited:

I wish I saw this thread earlier, Im also looking to get a jacket, Im thinking of going with herons origins coat. thanks superdrool for that bay link to the origins coat! Im going to jump on that one when I get my paycheck

Im not a rider just a costumer XD has anyone had problems with heron before? I don't mind If the leather is thinnish

I own the first X2 (first page) that I worked with Heron for 4 months to create, and not one major issue. The only negative that I turned into a positive was that one of the pocket/bag seams on the front, came apart by the time it shipped to me and I carefully hemmed it together with Gorilla tape and haven't had an issue since. The stitching on my jacket is top notch, and is on par with any jacket you'll find out in town. They have a quick turn around once full payment is sent and I promise you that you won't be disappointed with their craftsmanship.
I ride with my X2 as I specified for a thicker hide, but as long as you covey EXACTLY what you want, and how you want it, they will bend over backwards and try to make it happen. I was 100% satisfied with them during my stint with them. I'd gladly do business with them any time.

I own the first X2 (first page) that I worked with Heron for 4 months to create, and not one major issue. The only negative that I turned into a positive was that one of the pocket/bag seams on the front, came apart by the time it shipped to me and I carefully hemmed it together with Gorilla tape and haven't had an issue since. The stitching on my jacket is top notch, and is on par with any jacket you'll find out in town. They have a quick turn around once full payment is sent and I promise you that you won't be disappointed with their craftsmanship.
I ride with my X2 as I specified for a thicker hide, but as long as you covey EXACTLY what you want, and how you want it, they will bend over backwards and try to make it happen. I was 100% satisfied with them during my stint with them. I'd gladly do business with them any time.

I actually really dig your X2 jacket super drool, I might pick up one of those as well:lol. did you opt for the thicker leather or thinner stuff, also was the cost dramatically higher if you did?

If the cost to go from 1.0 mm to 3.5mm changed in price, I didn't see it. As the price was negotiated well in advance and I opted for it after I gave the deposit. For a total of $285 including overnight shipping, I'd say I most definitely came out on top. :p

I've been in an X-mood lately and went and picked up a Wolvy jacket off of ebay from a private seller. The description and pic were shoddy so it went cheap. 50 bucks!

I think it might be a decent jacket that slipped through the auction cracks.

Here's the pic-
attachment.php

Any clue who the maker is?

Nick

Based on the liner, glossy look and drape/limp of the leather it seems to be a Museum Replica jacket that sells for roughly $250-$300 brand new.

If anybody is considering getting a Heron X2 I highly recommend them. I had mine built to the same specs that superDrool's jacket was built with the addition of the zipper pulls.

If anybody is considering getting a Heron X2 I highly recommend them. I had mine built to the same specs that superDrool's jacket was built with the addition of the zipper pulls.

Dayum!! Congratulations hound. Very nice. Glad to hear you're enjoying your jacket. I see you opted for the same red quilted liner too. :cool Now you must join filmjackets.com/forum to really show it off. :love
I hope you update us with how it looks in a couple months, all broken in, as the mahogony colored leather and it's red undertones will only get better with time.

-Tony

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back