Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

a.) jleezy that is the clearest screen grab I have ever seen!
b.)1BAT, of the two sceens you have mentioned, I want to say those were pick ups after principal photography was finished. I believe they actually mention the bad/inconsistency in the DVD commentary. But for those two scenes, I am also positive that it was wig. He also wore a wig in X3, there is a photo I had on my old computer that showed him with way-too short hair without said wig in the style of wolvie, next to a female film crew member. If I remember right, it was actually his hair stylist for the X3film. I'll see if I can find it and post the photo....

p.s. I actually like the wig, they nailed the comicbook look. ;)

Last edited:

a.) jleezy that is the clearest screen grab I have ever seen!
b.) do you have any other X2 screen grabs you could share with us, especially of the backpack.

c.)1BAT, of the two sceens you have mentioned, I want to say those were pick ups after principal photography was finished. I believe they actually mention the bad/inconsistency in the DVD commentary. But for those two scenes, I am also positive that it was wig. He also wore a wig in X3, there is a photo I had on my old computer that showed him with way-too short hair without said wig in the style of wolvie, next to a female film crew member. If I remember right, it was actually his hair stylist for the X3film. I'll see if I can find it and post the photo....

p.s. I actually like the wig, they nailed the comicbook look. ;)

They did nail the comic book look, i'll give you that. But it just looks like he was standing in front of the mirror for 2 hours TRYING to make it do that. Its like perfectly combed. Wolverine's hair is supposed to look wild like an animal, so I think the rest of the movie captures that waaaay better. Its still comic book inspired without looking dorky as I think it does here. But its all preference. I actually think his hair was the coolest in the first film in the bar scene at the beginning. He just looks BA and you can believe that wolverine is a real guy. Some of the other films (ahem, origins) look like he has a hair stylist on hand at all time and that makes me cringe.

Dont hate me :p

Speaking of that specific screen-grab, I never liked that look for movie Logan. I feel like X-Men Origins nailed his look and feel perfectly, but for some reason the look in JLeezy's picture just felt too...'smooth', I guess. Like he's supposed to be playing the part of some grizzled mountain man, but he looks like he's wearing makeup and fresh out of a photo shoot.

Anyway, I would totally order one of the screen-accurate jackets from Dan, but I've got my money tied up in other things right now (that damned waistcoat for my costume, mostly). But maybe when I've moved into my new place, I'll put in for one.

Speaking of that specific screen-grab, I never liked that look for movie Logan. I feel like X-Men Origins nailed his look and feel perfectly, but for some reason the look in JLeezy's picture just felt too...'smooth', I guess. Like he's supposed to be playing the part of some grizzled mountain man, but he looks like he's wearing makeup and fresh out of a photo shoot.

Anyway, I would totally order one of the screen-accurate jackets from Dan, but I've got my money tied up in other things right now (that damned waistcoat for my costume, mostly). But maybe when I've moved into my new place, I'll put in for one.

Yeah. Looks like he has fake side burns there too. Anyway, that explains how it looks funny. I thought he looked pretty cool in Origins, I just hated the movie unfortunately and the fact that his jacket changed. What ever happened to continuity? The first thing I noticed when i saw X2 in the theaters was that he was missing his jean jacket. Took me a while tho to notice the jacket had the red accents on it though.

BTW I ordered my Heron X2 last week, according to them I should have it within another 3 weeks! I gotta get me some claws...

do you have any other X2 screen grabs you could share with us, especially of the backpack.

I'll have to dig around to find my good disc, i got 2 discs of the movie and the one i have on me is totally scratched but i'll see what i can do

Yeah it seemed like his hair got longer with each film. The muttonchops seem to get longer to. With each film they get closer to the middle. In origins the chin parts almost look like they're gonna connect lol.

I just checked my BluRay rip of X2, and unfortunately, I couldn't spot a single decent shot of the backpack that'll make decent reference material.

I watched the close-up scene of it like, 20 times over, and I can come to one of two conclusions from it. A.) It's a generic camping daypack, 2 shoulder straps plus 2 more on the front, holding some sort of leather jacket on top (it looks like what might be a sleeve hanging off the side, plus it's clearly plastic or leather, not cloth), B.) Some sort of plastic 'river pack', which is basically a waterproof pack with a folding top that is secured with pack straps. When packed, it's clearly a square shape, and the hand-thing (rubber grip seen) MAY give away a brand, unless that's a generic piece many companies use. I remember my highschool backpack having a handle like that. The front appears to be bare, with no pockets or decorations.

I wish there was more to be found on it, but I didn't see it show up any more than that, unfortunately.

Here's the odd looking hair and sideburns
2011-06-23152011.jpg
[/IMG]

And his natural look

2011-06-23152046.jpg
[/IMG]

the hair line is different and the natural sideburns show thru to his skin. Thanks for the backpack pics Askren, my disc is tore up and it shows green and pink pixels every 10 seconds

holy crap! Thank you so much, Askren. I've been hoping for these for a long time, just never had the means or software.
I do believe that is a generic handle, but I will look into that, as it could be solid lead to a manufacturer.
Since the X2 jacket, jeans watchband, tank top, were all commissioned or existing pieces, why not the backpack, right?

JLeezy, you can definitely see the difference in false to real sideburn hair in those.

Miguel messaged me that my jacket is ready to be made.. He just needed measurements from my best fitting jacket.. I really hope this thing comes out as nice as Tony's. And fits me properly..

As long as you give him whatever measurements he requests and they are accurate, you shouldn't have any worries. ;)

I understand why he wanted a garment measurement too.. Soon as i get the jacket, its onto beating the living hell out of it. BTW Any idea what brand and model jeans he wore in x2?

Last edited:

Both X2, X3 and XO were Levi 527's (X2/X2 dark wash, X3 stonewash) which have that low rise and flared boot cut. I wore these for the last 3 years but the boot cut got annoying when riding and whatnot so I opted for something similar which has the same cut but less dramatic flare and has a little stretch to it, the 514's.

Is there a story behind the X-3 jacket looking so radically different from the others? There's an obvious continuity between X-0 to X-1 to X-2, but then it's completely different for the next movie. Was the jacket destroyed in X-2? It's been a while since I saw it, so I don't remember.

No. The maker/designer for the X3 used the X2 as reference for his version of the Wolverine jacket, but just took personal liberties with it to make it his own, as with rest of them really. Each one was made by a different person and each made it their own, for some aspect to add it to their resume per se. So the continuity was never really there. Nor will it ever be. I was surprised to see the Indian Chief buckle, the X2 patch belt and the Red Monkey leather watch make it to X3 or XO respectively. Oh, and Oakley made their mark with the Juliets/Penny's.

Just won the ebay auction on an X1 magnoli belt and silver indian belt buckle for $40! Anyone know where to get some good replica claws? I had those metal limited edition ones before that came on the black X plaque but they didnt fit right and werent adjustable. They were also heavy and sharp as hell so I eventually got rid of them. There looks to be a few good sellers on ebay but its hard to say which is better.

My hair is getting to that good Wolvie length so I should have some good pics to post when all this gear arrives. Excite! :D

This is pretty much the best thread ever. Feel free to keep posting pictures of you guys in your gear for me to look at. :)

On topic though, my husband's jacket is from "italy" too or so we were told when we bought it off someone from the 501st a few years back... I'll have to dig up some pictures to see if its similar to the one posted earlier with an Italy tag

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back