Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

I completely understand your reasoning. Half stripe = half assed, right? ;)
This jacket sent me searching for the best replica out there and I eventually found the Vanson version over at fj.com
I've never made such a solid decision in finding that site. It compliments the RPF perfectly.

Hail hail, the Gangs all here!! David, Super Drool, and David Copolla, Nice to see my FILMJACKETS.COM buddies at the RPF. This is a great place!
Mike

The origins jacket would have been much better looking with Full wrap stripes and thicker leather.

The origins jacket would have been much better looking with Full wrap stripes and thicker leather.

I couldn't agree with you more, Bowelrock.
The Fox production/design team completely failed again. Nothing more annoying that continuity being constantly screwed with to suit someone's personal taste. What ever happen to canon film-decision making? It doesn't exist anymore, I swear.

Mike!!!!!!!! Glad you could rejoin the group in talks of jacket-nerding!

Mechanic would be here as well, but he's a little busy with things such as making us all patches. :lol

-Tony

Miguel has been really good with keeping in contact and answering any questions i have.. IM gonna have him make an X-1 in the same style ur X-2 is in just with the solid color stripes.. Im pretty excited

Last edited:

Miguel has been really good with keeping in contact and answering any questions i have.. IM gonna have him make an X-1 in the same style ur X-2 is in just with the solid color stripes.. Im pretty excited

Ah Snap! Totally looking foward to seeing the results. You have to promise to post any updates with lots of pics of the process. :love

I did that over at fj.com to supliment the rabid folks over there as well as to tide myself over of excitement.

Its worth it for a taylor fit leather jacket... I'm sure the fit and finish is as nice as any Vanson jacket.

I'm looking forward to seeing the product that UD's going to put out in the future. However, I'm waiting for Dan's X2 to hit the market. I've two Danson jackets, and I love them. Yes, there is a wait!! I waited seven months for one (my X-1 with red stripes), was gone on deployment for my X-3 (so it was waiting for me when I got home), and am waiting (over a year, but that's cool with me!) for a horsehide X-1 (red stripes, of course!)

Red stripes were the actual prototype for the jacket at Fox. There are a few artists sketches with him and the jacket with the red.
There is a wealth of knowledge about these jackets at filmjackets.com.

The prototype is a love or hate color scheme. I was on the fence until I saw photo evidence over at fj.com. There are 4 or five members that have that color scheme with slight variations of where the red is placed and how dark the brown leather is. But red is a great alternative to the amber tan.

Drool is right! When I saw the sketches on the X-Men DVD, the stripes were red, as well as the prototype that Vanson sent to FOX.

I have one jacket Wolverine from ebay Canada and this look very nice!

Wested are too good stuff, self I bought the Indiana Jones lambskin's jacket...

look my avatar of left... this skin of leather some named I didn't know

Last edited:

I have one jacket Wolverine from ebay Canada and this look very nice!

Wested are too good stuff, self I bought the Indiana Jones lambskin's jacket...

look my avatar of left... this skin of leather some named I didn't know

I have no idea what you just said...

Translation:
He purchase a Wested ( in avatar: left) but isn't sure what animal it is from.

answer: animal= cowhide

sorry, no it is Indiana Jones jacket in lambskin.

I mean the Wolverine The Origins jacket from my avatar, this stuff I have no clue.

If money were no object would one go with Vanson or Magnoli? I guess what I'm asking is who makes the best Wolverine jacket out there?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back