Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

It begins...

From "Hero Hair -Cosplay wigs for the serious adventurer."

Their website isn't up yet.

This will be a custom cosplay wig, hand-built by one of the top professional wig designers in the business, with prestigious credits spanning film, television and Broadway.

The fully ventilated piece will be based on the opening intro scenes ( Bar scenes and discovering/Kicking Rogue out of the truck bed) before Xavier's Mansion in X-Men 1.

The hair was custom matched in two different tones to Hugh and the construction begins today.

So psyched.
Hero Hair1.jpgHero Hair 2.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I had to get the XO claws from darkside501st first before I posted pics of my X2 suit. Here is an affordable X2 suit. EDIT :pics up in a few minutes

IMG_7574_zps5c669bf5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_7596_zpsad494faf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_7587_zps4813bf2f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_7581_zpse74552f0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_7585_zps286a8509.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_7580_zpsc523deef.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_7577_zps93c2e680.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_7598_zps4f15a784.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_7588_zps2f096de3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Okay Soldier seriously...Please tell me where you got this X-suit. PLEASE! You look amazing!!!
I got the jacket and pants here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-2-Wolverine-Motorbike-Leather-Jacket-/271166329236 The jacket was $250 and the paints were $150 The gloves I found else where and are no longer offered it seems. I know a guy who purchased the suit, and I was able to get my size perfect based on how his fit him. I told them how far dom my inseam the middle of my knee was to get the knee pads in the right place. I also took a inch off my waist which is measured around you navel. I have a 44" chest and I ordered chest size 46" I also got a slimier jacket waits as to have less room for a closer fit.

News flash
But, I just found the UD replica Wolverine suit size L for $1400 here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-M...5204942?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item486a8bfece

I got the jacket and pants here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-2-Wolverine-Motorbike-Leather-Jacket-/271166329236 The jacket was $250 and the paints were $150 The gloves I found else where and are no longer offered it seems. I know a guy who purchased the suit, and I was able to get my size perfect based on how his fit him. I told them how far dom my inseam the middle of my knee was to get the knee pads in the right place. I also took a inch off my waist which is measured around you navel. I have a 44" chest and I ordered chest size 46" I also got a slimier jacket waits as to have less room for a closer fit.

News flash
But, I just found the UD replica Wolverine suit size L for $1400 here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-M...5204942?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item486a8bfece

Thanks heaps man. Ill check it out. As to the UD, yup. Saw that. Unggggg

My custom head block and wig-build beginning from HERO HAIR.

Hero: Wolverine
Movie: X-men 1(Canadian bar scenes & discovering/kicking Rogue out of the truck-bed scenes)

wig block.jpg

Very cool @soldier I've been waiting to see how this turned out and it seems this is now on my list of items to buy

looks fantastic and great pics :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought long and hard, going between yellow and orange. Orange won based on the online pics and the guy I know has Yellow and I thought it was to bright. I guess now having the orange, I could have got the yellow and darkened it. The pipping is nylon and so far is not taking any color I try. Also there is a small amount of pipping that reflects light on the jacket and pants. I tried a black sharpy with no luck. Anyone know what to use to prevent the nylon reflective pipping from reflecting light?

I know why you did that Solider I was going through the Yellow vs the Orange as well on the screen and found the Orange seems more "correct" if I can put it that way. Great score nonetheless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolverine Screen Accurate Cosplay (X-Men 1) October Comic Con NYC...SCORE!

I just bought this Helmut Lang vintage denim Jacket, in actual size (54 EU) to fit my 6'3 frame!

Jacket front.jpgJacket Back.jpgJacket open 1.jpg

Comic Con2.jpg

Last edited:
I need help!!!! Anyone know how to I color over the small amount of reflective nylon piping to black( so they don't reflect anymore) so pictures using a flash don't glow in those areas. the piping is for motorcycle riders, and I don't ride.

here is the yellow and reflective piping in a pic. this guy helped me size my suit. I also was able to get my knee pads raised to the correct spot. I also got a closer fit in my jacket and pants. he was a big help. I also did not like the yellow that much, that's why i got orange

I'm in the origins getup on the right btw
IMG_7512.JPG

I'm a similar size. Let us know how it fits when it arrives!

Hey @Nick daring,

I absolutely will. There are 3 more on eBay right now. a size EU52 and two more size EU 54 (which is the XL I got). Anyone interested should check them out.

Search Helmut Lang Denim Jacket on eBay.

Last edited:
Wolverine Screen Accurate Cosplay (X-Men 1) October Comic Con NYC...SCORE!

Well, it's as close to screen accurate as I'm likely to get...After a ton of searching through out of stock listings, or "no longer carries", I GOT ONE!

'll be following the painting tutorial on this thread a few pages back and will post the results.

buckle.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back